JS30DK Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30DK Dinky

Purchased from: Thomann.de

I mainly play punk, hardcore, bit of metal and clasic rock. Suits the styles pretty well actually. I goes through a pretty crappy 30W Aslin Dane amp and a terrible DigiTech RP50 pedal. But I have played this through a friend's Hughes And Kettner and it sounded pretty good. I also have played acoustic sounding stuff and it coped alright. It s pretty restricted with the sound. Should really stick with heavier stuff and a lot of distortion.

For my type of music it's ok, nothing more. I'm selling this in about 2 months and buying a les paul instead. it's only because of the tuning problem which no one can sort out. If it was stolen I probably wouldn't buy another 1 just because of the fact that I hate floyd roses with a passion now. However the neck on this is fantastic if you like thin necks. All I wish for thos guitar is for it to have a lghter body, better pickups and a decent floyd rose.

I've played this live a few times and no matter what, it doesn't stay in tune. But if the tuning problem, then yeah I would play it with out backup. I don't know how the strap buttons hold up as I never used them because I replaced them with straplocks. The finih however is very good. It still looks Brand New after a year (well apart from the dust).

Ok well the factory set up was disastrous. The action was ridiculously high, pickups were too low, the floyd rose needed professionally set up which I expected. Even afte the set up, the guitar never stayed in tune. But lookswise, it was flawless. No damage at all.

Not sure when it was made but was made in India. Has 22 jumbo frets and has a Wizard II neck on for some reason. Rosewood Fngerboard with white dot inlay. Reverse Hedstock. Has 2 Jackson CVR humbuckers with a 3 way selector and 1 volume and 1 tone knob. Licensed Floyd Rose. Locking tuners. All in all pretty great, just wish it had different pickups but that's it. Also the body is really heavy but the neck is really light. It just doesn't feel right. And the join where the neck meets the body is about 2 inches. Makes playing the top frets impossible.