JS30DK Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30DK Dinky

Price paid: € 350

Purchased from: Local store

I play mostly Rock and Metal like Whitesnake, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, and guitar can play this very well. It's not noisy, you can put in a lot of distortion, and it will handle just fine, and harmonics are great, but after 4 years of playing it, I began to notice flaws in tone like it is muddy, but at same time it is very bright, but in not a good way. So, it has a lot of highs, but it's not understandable, so when playing chord, you can not distinguished individual tones from other, like you can on a Les Paul. But you can get really nice sound for any kind of music, blues, classic rock, hard rock, metal, hardcore, but you can't get great sound in any genre. It has nice clean, and it's nice pair with my Marshall AVT50. I also use ProCo Rat (old one) and Boss DD20 delay, and it looks like it is working very well with other effects.

All in all, it's good guitar. Because of Floyd, if you need to you different tunings, it's pain in the ass. Like I said before, you can get good sound for any kind of music, even on clean (Jacksons are considered metal guitars), but you can't get great sound (even for metal). But it's 350euro guitar, what did you expect? One notice: This guitar is not worse than some more expensive Jacksons. If you put better Pups, it can sound like 600-700e guitar! If it was stolen, I would probably buy an Epi Les Paul, because it fits my style better, but if I decide to go metal, I would definitely bought it again.

I have 50 gigs with it, and I always had backup, but only in case of string breaking, it's not easy to replace string on floyd rose! I dropped few times, hit it against the wall, and this guitar is build to last. I have never had to re tune it on stage. Strap buttons stays solid, never have problem with them. The paint job is still flawless, not including damage due to my carelessness.

Action and finish were perfect. I needed to tighten one knob, but that was 10 sec job. Action was as low as possible, there was a little string buzz, but you can't hear that when it's plug in. I didn't use floyd a lot, but after 2 years, I noticed that it is not returning in place. I mean, when you dive, and let it go, first string is tuned as e, and you can do that how many times you want, it will not get out of tune, but when you pull floyd up, and let go, first string will be tuned as F, so, you need to dive again to be in tune. Besides that, It stays it tune very well.

It was made in India, don't know what year was made. It has 22 jumbo frets on a thin bolt on maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. It has an Alder body. It comes with 2 Jackson humbucking pups and a licensed Floyd Rose bridge. 1 volume and 1 tone pots and a 3 way selector. It didn't come with any accessories.

rephlica
    Bought a 2nd hand of the js30.It was made in India and it's a pretty heavy guitar. Needs a leveling of frets but plays fine. Change pickups and it will be awesome.