JS30DKT Dinky Hardtail review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30DKT Dinky Hardtail

Purchased from: Damm Music Center

It suits my music style which is alternative. Even though Jacksons are more well established with Metal, who cares. I really love the look. I'm using a Ibanez 10 watt amp, but I'm going to buy a new amp soon. I also have a DigiTech Death Metal effect pedal. It can sound noisy if you use a distortion effect when you're soloing and don't silence the other string after you finish playing it, but that's on pretty much every guitar. I'm pretty sure that this guitar could do every style. I've played pop-rock, metal, and emo on this guitar. Even though the look wouldn't satisfy some styles, this guitar can match sound to anything!

Right now I have only been playing guitar for a little over a year, but I'm still pretty damn awesome! If someone stole it, I would cry until my eyes fell out. I'd buy it again, because it's really not that expensive. There is not one single thing that I don't like about this guitar. My favorite thing about it is the finish.

I've never played this guitar live, unless you count playing for family, but when I do play a gig I know that it'll hold up. The strap buttons probably wouldn't fall off if I'd bang it against a table a million times (I shudder at the thought of doing that, but it's true). I can depend on it. I would use it without a backup in a perfect world were strings don't break, but since strings do break I'd bring a backup.

No problems that I can see. Checked it out pretty good before I bought it.

This guitar was made in India. It has 24 jumbo sized frets and the neck is bolt-on maple. Mine has a flamed finish with black and brown. It's really awesome. For the neck they used mahogany wood. The body style is a Strat shape and the bridge is a string-thru. The pickups are Jackson Humbuckers. For the tuners they are die-cast and they don't lock. I'd rather have non-locking tuners anyway because it's easier to tune. The only controls that're given are volume and tone.