JS30DKT Dinky Hardtail review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30DKT Dinky Hardtail

Price paid: C$ 300

Jacksons are famous for its metal and rock sound. And this baby proves it! The clean sounds are great! Very high output pickups for sure, great for many genres especially metal/rock/jazz. I played this through my Line 6 III spider 15watt amp, and my Randall+Zoom G7\.1UT effect pedal. The beefy chunky distortion makes me want to play the same chord over and over again. And the clean sounds are surprisingly well balanced. You can check out ALOT of demos on youtube, its the same pickups for all the JS30 models.

I've never been a big fan of Jackson's guitars because they're so EXPENSIVE! But I guess you get what you pay for! All JS models are supposed to be entry levels, but it doesn't feel anything like something only a beginner would be happy with. The PICK UPS! The sound that you get from it is way beyond what you pay for. Other features and stuff are all really basic, but as the model suggest, its meant to be basic. If it were lost/stolen, I will probably save a little more money and try to upgrade to another Jackson, if not this is the way to go! But it better be the same transparent color!

This is solid body, and I'm sure it could take quite a beating, and its moderately light. Haven't had any problems with it.It's a Jackson... Solid solid solid guitars! Reliable for sure.

Its string through body, so not much work on set up I'm guessing. Mine was just factory set up, the low E might buzz if I strum it extremely hard on open, no problems with it at all other than that.And the flamed maple finish is something to look at. I have the transparent black flame finish... Didn't like the blue one(shown on picture).

Made in India. Alder with Flame Maple body. Bolt-On Maple neck.Rosewood Fingerboard. 24 jumbo frets. Jackson CVR2 Humbucking neck/bridge Pickups(same for all JS series). String through body with bridge. Reverse Headstock. Entry level features, but the pickups deserves a 9.5 for its price! HAS NO TREMOLO (JS30DK dinky does)