JS30DKT Dinky Hardtail review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30DKT Dinky Hardtail

Price paid: A$ 700

Purchased from: THE ROCK SHOP.

This guitar really suits my style wich is metal but that's what Jacksons are established about being made for. I am using a Johnson Power 10 amp and a Boss MT-2 effects pedal. It is noisy on both clean and overdrive settings, the thing that surprised about this was that it is really good for distortion but yet it had a nice clean natural sound as well. This guitar is definitely purposely made to make a metal shredding kind of sound but you can make it want you want to make it. I really love this guitars large variety of sounds and the versatility.

My overall opinion of this guitar? Fan-Fricken-tastic! This guitar is all I need and more there is absolutely nothing I could want more at the moment from a guitar. I was comparing this to some SG's but and a couple of ESP's but this was far superior than all the others and it suited my shredding metal style better than the other guitars as well. I asked everything I wanted to know about in the store and got to play it on the amp in the store wich was good and it gave me a fell for the guitar. I really really liked this one. If it were lost I would be confused abotu how you can lose a guitar but if it were stolen I wold murder the person who took it and by another one. I love this guitar for its versatility and its nice metal sound also I found this guitar is very easy to play so good for beginners and also good for advanced players. Better strings would be my only wish for this guitar.

This guitar will almost certainly withstand live playing. The hardware has nothing wrong with it the hardware is perfectly fine and will last. Now here is the hiccup on this beautiful machine the bottom strap button seems to keep on letting my strap slip off I thought maybe it was just my strap but it does the same to any other strap. I can most definitely rely on this and I would use it in a gig but with a back up because you never know what might happen. The finish feels good and has been guaranteed to last for years.

To me this guitar was set up pretty good, but there is one minor little thing I found on the back of the guitar which is that the back cover has got some chipping around but noticeable with out looking closely. The pick ups feel and I'm sure are very secure and should last for ages. The neck seems well adjusted and the frets are placed just fine there is no chipping around the pickups wich is good. I asked in store about the finish and I was guaranteed that the finish would last for years to come. The pick up selector is very quite and feels smooth to Switch between the 3 settings. Very well setup guitar overall.

This guitar was crafted in India(as said on back of the headstock). It has a maple bolt on neck featuring 24 jumbo frets. The bod features A Strat style body, a string-thru bridge, twin Jackson humbucker pickups one at the front one at the back, three way control and a volume and tone adjustment knob giving it a "Real Jackson" feel. The headstock is spiked and curves backwards it features die cast non-locking tuners. I personally new the guy who worked at the shop so he chucked in in a free 3m lead and a free hard case.

Nirvanafan60
    What colours did you guys get? I got black \m/. Though I kind of wish I would have gotten the blue.[/quote] i got blue
    Nirvanafan60
    Xx aLi N 123 xX wrote: i think i'm getting this can someone reccomend it i like rock and metal and ive been playin 2 years
    dude this is perfect for metal and hard rock
    Nirvanafan60
    bluediesel wrote: Jackson's site states that the body is Indian Cedro, but then in its own specifications it is listed as Alder. Anyone know which it is? What are the qualities of Indian Cedro as a tonewood?
    its alder