JS30KE Kelly review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30KE Kelly

Purchased from: Winter Sound

The bridge pickups has a sharp crunchy sound when distorted, but doesn't have as good a clean in the bridge. It's sharp but not a smooth sounding, but nothing bad. The bridge sounds a lot like the bridge yet with more bass in it. Distorted it has a bassier less distorted sound. The best way to get a good clean is using the middle, using both pickups together. Sounds very good especially for chords.

Very nice sounding and looking. Plays smooth, neck feels a bit long but nothing major. The guitar I'd been looking for for a long time. I would recommend it to anyone.

Since I've only a short time I cant really say how durable it is gig wise (I'll know soon), but it feels very solid, made for gigging. It feels kind of big, but then again I'm not too big my self.

The set up is very well done. Pickups don't move, neck is very solid (bolt on though), set bridge - HardTail, 24 jumbo frets. Everything on it is setup just how I would like it. Since it is used I am surprised that I havent found anything on but a tiny little chip right next to the neck, obviously it was well taken care of, and/or gently/hardly used.

24 jumbo frets, ton volume knowbs, two CVR2 Jackson humbuckers, rosewood fretboard, 1 volume 1 tone knob, 3 way Switch, thin(ner) neck. It's a deep metallic blue with a relative Explorer cut-out Jackson style. Plays smooth and easy. The two humbuckers, Jackson CVR2's I'm pretty sure are actives, sound good. The way they're set in they hardly move like other pickups. It has a set bridge, bolt on neck.