JS30KE Kelly review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30KE Kelly

Purchased from: Sam Ash

This guitar is a great metal guitar (as well as all other Jackson guitars). The bridge close coil pickup is fierce and puts out a great metal sound when played through my Zoom multi-effects pedal and a 30 watt Crate. Using both pickups at once is great for an acoustic tone, and the neck pickup is excellent for all your soloing needs.

I play metal and rock, it's a great match up for both, but mainly metal. I have been playing for over 2 years, and I own lots of gear which include: BC Rich Mockingbird, Squier Strat, Fender acoustic/electric, and then a 15 and 30 watt Crate, and a 120 watt Behringer, also a Zoom pedal. If it were lost or stolen I wouldn't re-buy it, simply because I would buy a more expensive model of Kelly because I love Jackson.

It will definatly withstand live play, and I have taken it on many "jam sessions" and it has been fine. The hardware seems reliable, as are the strap buttons. I wouldn't use it at a gig without a backup because I'm just a cautious person, but theres about a %99. 9 chance that I wont need the backup.

Everything was set-up fine right out of the box. However I did some adjustments to the bridge just because of personal preference.