JS30KE Kelly review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30KE Kelly

Purchased from: L&M

I play from clean melodic chords to thrash and from rock to metal-core, and this suits my clean, metal and metalcore sounds not really anything else. I play thru a Spider II 112 and there's days when it would sound so damn good then days where its not steppin up to my expectations, well it doesn't hum in my metal setting but the insane setting it does oh wel just put your palm on the bridge and its gone, my insane setting is bassy chunk sound and my metal setting is bright kinda like a COB AYDY sound which I like.

I'm completely and utterly in love with my guitar who I called "delilah" and will always be in love with it. If it were stolen well I would get a pro series this time, if it broke then ill have to get a new one fast since its my only one for some time. Overall it's worth the money and well a $100+ to change the pickups.

It's my only guitar so it's gonna be studio and live, I'm sure it will last for a long time after I get the knobs fixed. I'm gonna need strap locks and a leather strap since it dives 'cause of a long neck and small light body, well I play in different tunings from E stand. to C stand. so I'm gonna need like 3 or 4 more guitars (RR5, EX-400, F-500 and eclipse II VTB) but this guitar would be my main one when it gets new pickups along side my RR5 I'm getting right away.

It's perfect for me I'm rhythm and the thin flat U is wonderful but I do perfer neck-thru's even tho I probably wont be soloing with this guitar not really a soloing guitar to my opinion, there's a slight slant in the bridge pickup but it's still good I'm using thick ernie ball stings in it and I was scared when one string wouldnt go thru the gauge but I popped it in there s alls good, all that I kno is that the jack nut is not tight and gotta tighten it now and then, the vol. knob is loose and crackles so I gotta get that fixed, dinged and chipped the shit out of the points but ya its my 1st love and will always have it from here on untill it breaks completely then ill get a USA kelly in the same color.

I had it ordered to I guess july 2005, it says on the head "made in Korea" so not much quality built I suppose. 24 frets with dot inlays (24 kidna hard to reach), scale is 25.5 with a damn good thin flat U neck, rosewood fretboad (my nail kinda gets caught in a graving in it), XJ, alder body solid top with a bolt on maple neck, finish is a sexy dark metallic red with sparkles lol, body is like an Explorer but damn sexy but kinda small, bridge is a Tune-O-Matic string thru, stinkin passive pickups with 1 tone, 1 vol., 3-way Switch controls, 2 Jackson CVR2's pretty decent but I'm puttin EMG 85b/60n in em soon, Jackson tuners. I use a normal gig bag but the part where the horn is the fabric is tearing.