JS30KE Kelly review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30KE Kelly

My preferred music style is all genre's of metal. Ranging from the God like riffs of old Metallica (Black Album etc) to more thrash riffs like Pantera, death metal etc. I am currently running it through a 50 watt Axl U35R amplifier, and a death metal distortion pedal, which it sounds great with. There is barley any noise from this at all, even with the huge distortion from the pedal, it can only be heard when on very high volume levels, which doesn't worry me, 'cause that's still not a lot of noise. The stock Jackson pickups are noisy bitches! I am currently in a band with a friend who owns an Ibanez RG model, and a similer set-up, and he has trouble competing volume wise. Again, heavy distorted riffs sound great, and so do solo's higher up the fret board.

This guitar matches well with the metal styles I play. I've been playing about 2 years now, and frankly, if this was stolen I'd get whatever money I could and get out and buy one again, then go slaughter the guy that took it, slowly and painfully, anyway I love the overall look of this beast, the sexy black with the sexy body is just sexy! I do wish that I did buy the model with the floyd rose style bridge, however this problem will be solved with the purchasing of an Ibanez (going against what I said earlier) later this year. Overall, awsome guitar.

This guitar would easily withstand live play, I know cause I've done it! The hardware is sturdy, and is all set firmly in place, the jack screw does loosen from time to time, but again, not to be worried about. I have and would use this guitar without a backup cause I believe in it that much. I've had this guitar for about a year now, and there's no sign of wear and tear at all.

This guitar was great from the factory! I only had the action altered slightly and I was playing straight away. The only thing I'd say is that when playing, you tend to play above the neck pickup so you can palm mute effectivly. The large amount of picking the top strings has caused the pickup casing to become very mildy marked. However this does not effect the sound in the slightest and shouldn't be worried about.

This guitar is a 2005 model, not too sure where it was made to be honest. It's got 24 jumbo frets that are great to play. The neck has a nice feel to it, thin, flat, fast, great for shredding and soloing in general. My model is just in a black colour, but it looks so damn sexy! The body style is one of the things that attracted me to this guitar. I was looking for a metal guitar, not too expensive, and yet had some form of individuality to it, and then I found this. I didn't wanna be part of the crowd with there Strat body designs and there Ibanez guitars. The shape is like a Gibson Explorer thats been on a diet basicly. It has Jackson CVR2 humbucking pickups which I think are awsome at taking distortion, however in the future I will be upgrading to an 81 and an 85 pair of EMG's, and itt has one volume and one tone control with a 3 way pickup selector.