JS30KE Kelly review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30KE Kelly

I play a ton of Metal and a lot of melodic licks and Solos, think Joe Satriani or Steve Vai with Metallica or Slayer! This guitar has great tones, I run it through a Peavy Vypyr 15 watt solid state modeling amp, and i can get anywhere from perfect thrash distortion, to soulful melodic soloing tones, to shimmering cleans, and great harmonics. There isn't much noise, and i have my pickups set pretty high.

Overall, this is an amazing beginner guitar. I got it for $200, and it was worth every penny, although I hope to replace it when I have enough money, it's served me well, and is an amazing guitar! If it were lost or stolen, I would find the guy that took it, beat him senseless with it, and then proceed to solo next to his unconscious body! The only problem I've ever had with this guitar after it was set up, was that the neck is heavier than the body, and it dives towards the floor, but this is nothing that can't be fixed with a half defent strap. I give it a 9 here because it was a $200 guitar, but for its cost, it's amazing.

Forget live playing, this guitar could withstand getting hit by a truck. The hardware seems like it'd last for years to come, the strap buttons have never failed me, and although I don't play gigs, I would definitely play one without a backup. The finish is also amazing, after a year of abusive playing, being banged against a wall countless times, and being dropped several times, it's still in near perfect condition, with only one tiny bit of paint chipped off on a corner.

This guitar wasn't set up too good at all at the factory, the neck was noticeably bent, and I had to ask the Guitar Center tech to fix it because of my lack of experience with guitars at the time. I also had to raise the pickups, since they were pretty low, and after doing so it sounded much better. Other people have complained of bad sodering and electronics on this guitar, but mine has none of those problems, everything was sodered well, and except for a slightly loose output jack, everything was good, especially the finish.

My guitar was made in India, I'm not exactly sure when it was made, but I bought it in January 2010, it has a tune-o-matic bridge, a string through alder body, a bolt on maple neck with rosewood fretboard, 2 Jackson CRV2 humbuckers, 1 tone, 1 volume, and a 3 way toggle. It came with a $40 gigbag, which has held up pretty well for the year I've had this guitar.

6StringBlazer
    JAMR wrote: wtf mine was 899.99 .....at guitar center dude i think u either got screwed... or there was false advertising involved...
    Guitar Center are just a bunch of dick-bags most times.. I have this guitar, had it for a few months, and its way sick. Compared to my Schecter, it actually forces you to relax your hand while you play, since the strings are a bit closer together. It takes some getting used to but its DEFINITELY a badass guitar.
    Sam Wotrey
    DirEnGrey wrote: if you like blues and metal the you should listen to iwrestledabearonce
    My palm and my face hurt so much.
    ShredWithEd
    Kick ass guitar. Switched out the hardware with black hardware (except for the bridge...need to find a black bridge that fits) And swapped Pups. Killer guitar!
    curtis.t
    I would recommend getting an esp ex 50 instead. It's in the same price range, its got better pickups, its only got 22 frets but its a learners guitar so you shouldn't need 24 , its much lighter than the Jackson and the jacksons neck just feels far away not good for someone to learn on. The Jackson's bridge pickup sounds decent and quite deep when distorted but the neck is a load of bollocks tbh. I've played an esp ex50 while my friend played the Jackson on the same amps same settings and the esp made the Jackson sounds like shit.
    gerrymart94
    a friend is selling me this exact guitar but with 81/81 emg pick ups, a 15 watt line 6 spiderIV and a boss metalzone for 400, should i get that or a dean razorback db with a 15 watt b.c. amp, plz help me choose a better one i play thrash and metalcore