JS30KV King V review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30KV King V

Price paid: € 319

Purchased from: local music shop

I play metal, hard rock and have had a few stints with clean sounds. Basically, this guitar rocked my socks the moment I plugged it in. For the price, you really get an awesome guitar soundwise. This might also have something to do with the Vox AD100VT-XL I run it through, but I don't own/use any pedals at all. It got me a very full and rich sound. I ran a cheap-ass guitar through the amp once, and could really hear the difference. This is a quality guitar for the money. It is not noisy at all, which might also have something to do with the Monstercable I run it through. However, I've had many other cables before definitely switching to Monstercables, but none of the cables made the guitar extremely noisy or crap. The humbuckers really stood up to the task of not being noisy.

This is really one of the best guitars for metal guitarists for it's price. I've been playing for about 3,5 years now, so my skill is not all that amazing, but I know whenever I have a quality guitar. And this is one, definitely. Whenever it would be stolen, and wouldn't get a lot of money from the insurance company, I would probably go for this guitar again, for the price-quality ratio is really awesome.

As I said, I took the guitar on stage twice, and it stood up to the task. The hardware DOES look like it would last ages, however, after owning the guitar for about 2,5 years now, the tuners start to get a little rough. I guess a little oil would cure that though. The finish however, wears off real quickly. I'm not known for my carefulness, but after just putting down the guitar on the points of the V, the finish will wear off and will show the wood eventually.

The guitar was very well set-up and fit my playing style immediately. I really didn't have to tinker with anything. However, just minutes after trying it out when it arrived, my tone knob broke clean off. Not that it mattered me much, for I do not tinker with my tone knob a lot. The finish was basic and did not contain any flaws, nor did any other piece of hardware.

It's features are what you'd expect from a guitar that's priced at 319 EUR. Nothing flabbergasting, however, still quite decent and durable. I've taken the guitar on stage twice, and it stood up against me flinging it around, without straplocks. For decent specs, go look at other reviews, for I will not name all of 'em here, but only a few that stood the part: - Jackson humbucking pickups, with a cover, which make them look active, but really aren't. - Off course, the awesome black V body. - Quite a thin neck for fast low action. - 24 frets. - 3-way selector, placed conveniently.

Timo9500
    Just went and played this at a local music shop through a Roland Cube 80x, and i fell in love with this thing. Going back in a few days to buy it