JS30RR review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30RR

Purchased from: Wentworth Music

Take one look at the Jackson JS30RR, and you'll know right away what this guitar was manufactured for, Punk and Metal along with all of its affiliates. Personally, I just use my JS30RR for death metal and old school punk. For just jamming alone, I use the JS30RR with my little Rocktek RK08 amp. But for bigger stuff, I use it with my Berhinger BX600 alongside with a few RS412XL cabinets. This guitar sounds awesome with the new Digitech DeathMetal StompBox. Depending on your settings, the JS30RR can sound like a flesh-ripping Demon, to a light, mildly peaceful pain.

I like playing lots of Slipknot and System Of a Down songs. This Jackson is probably my favorite guitar out of every piece of music stuff I own. I've been playing guitar for a few years now, plenty of time to accumilate more guitar gear as followed: Rocktek RK08 amp, Berhinger BX600 amp, 4 RS412XL cabinets, Digitech DeathMetal StompBox, '76 Gibson Explorer, '78 Fender Telecaster, and a hell of alot of Tortex picks. I love everything about my JS30RR, the finish, the humbuckers, the strings, everything. there is not a single flaw in this guitar, airgo there's nothing I hate about it. Before I purchased this Jackson, I compared it to a few BC Richs, ESPs, and a few Charvels. But in the end, The Jackson JS30RR pulled through as the guitar of my dreams. Now, if this puppy was stolen, as it asks me in this questionaire, well it wouldn't escape my sight, but if it happened to be stolen I definatly would get it again... And if you don't like the Jackson JS30RR, well there's something diabolicly wrong with you.

I've used the JS30RR in a few shows, and the moshers took some time to stop jumping around and stare at the guitar. Not once has this guitar gone kaput on me during a show. I play this sucker roughly around 7 hours a day, and the finish keeps looking as good as it did when it came out of its packaging! You know, I'd bet quite the many dollar that this guitar will sound and look just as great 40 years from now with constant playing. It's that great of a guitar.

This Jackson is rather a marvel of modern guitar manufacturing! But of course in the early days of prototyping, they ran into a few minor flaws: a back-bowed neck, a too-low bridge, and a loose pot shaft on one of the tone knobs. But to the credit of its truss rod and hardware, the JS30RR adjusted to spec quite nicely. And now this great guitar is upon perfection, plus to my surprise when I played it for the 1st time, the humbuckers didn't rock beneath my hands. That is a common poblem with many guitars. But thanks to these people at Jackson Inc., those humbuckers aren't going anywhere. This is one solid-made guitar that sounds as agressive as it looks.

The Jackson JS30RR is fairly new, maybe released in July '04 or earlier. Body styl is of course, a Flying V stly, as are many Jackson guitars. Solidbody guitar, sharpest Jackson yet. Bolt-on maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, 24 wide oval frets, 25-1/2" scale length, 1-11/16 nut. Controls are as followed; Volume, tone, 3-position pickup selector Switch. The pickups are Jackson-branded CVR2 humbucking. Jackson-branded closed-back tuners are available. Bought in Black, Dark Metallic Blue, and Dark Metallic Red. Personally I chose and also reccomend the black. There were packages avialable at the time ie., gig bags, straps etc. But I just went with the guitar. A little bit cheaper and besides, I have plenty of that stuff at home.