JS30RR review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30RR

Purchased from: Zzounds.com

I'm a classic rocker, so I love clean sounds and light distortion. This Rhoads gives that to me. I'm using a Fender Princeton 65 amp with a Boss Power Supply/Master switch, Boss Distortion, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro Overdrive, Danelectro Echo effect, and a Zoom 509. Everything there sounds great with the rhoads. All I want on this is a whammy bar and a longer sustain.

I play classic rock, and metal, this offers great sounds for both. I've been playing since february 2005, and got this january 2006, I love it to death. I wish I asked if it had a good sustain. It's alright, but after about 5-7 seconds it dies down quickly. If it was stolen, I would buy another, then I would find the person who stole it, and stab them with it. I love the design, I would like it if you could get the headstock the same color as the body, my favorite feature is the sound you get when you tap on it, it's unbelievable. I compared it with my dads Squier Strat and my friends Epiphone Les Paul Special, the only thing that they beat this guitar on is the ability to play while sitting, you can't rest it on your leg.

I played this at battle of the bands (my school hosted it), and it did fine the entire time. Hardware is great, every now and then make sure the knobs are tightened. Strap buttons are good, but I have crappy straps so I bought locks. I played it all night long without needing to do any work at all. The finish is great, but if you drop it, dont expect it to still look good. My drummer lifted up my gig bag and it fell out and put a nik in the corner, not big, but I can see the wood, it's a light red.

The guitar was perfectly assembled, nothing wrong at all. Pickups were normal, everything equal, so I adjusted the neck humbucker (strumming humbucker)so that it made the thinner strings louder then the thicker strings, makes it sound real nice. Everything was recieved fine, strings were great condition, lasted a long time. Eventually, the volume knob lost a solder, took 5 seconds to fix. And you have to constantly tighten the output jack.

High_o
    for the first guy, the RR is not the flying v shape...the king v would be closer to the flying v as the RR is offset