JS30RR review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30RR

Purchased from: fairdeal music

when I plugged it in, I knew it would be a great guitar. Proberly not as good as it's bigger brothers with there tremelo arms and stuff, but great none the less. And man was I right. This guitar is perfect for the music I play as it chugs and soars at the flick of a switch. the shape is new to me, so I find it hard to palm mute open notes at the moment, so the guitars noisy when playing riffs like the verse of 'sixpounder', but it is awesome for heavy riffs and soloing/shreding. I have it down tuned to drop D down a step most of the time, so my own model has a low, grumbly tone, and just produces harmonics easily. It's only problem is that the three-way selector is harder to flick then, say a Fender Strats, but that's a complete different model.

I love this guitar. It's got a great sound, great body, great neck. All of it is excellent. If someone stole this guitar, apart from huning them down and beating them too death, I'd buy a new one (but maybe a rr1 instead with a tremelo) if I couldn't get the previous one back. If lost, I'd buy a higher model, like an RR1, with a tremelo as I love this guitar, but would prefere an arm for more effects and pitch bending. The only thing I slightly dislike about the entire guitr is the strap holders possitons, but t's only a small thing. I've only been playing a year, and have came along quickly (I'm better then my school guitar teacher), but this guitar has rocketed my playing skill forward unbelivably, as it's so well crafted, you can play anything.

I'm yet to gig it, but I can see it lasting any show thrown at it. It's well weighted for standing, the hardware is in an easy to reach place for switching pickups mid set, and the neck is set too reach 24 real easily. Proberly the only fault with the guitar is getting a strap that fits comfortably with where the strap holders are put. it's easier too buy some strap locks, but nevertheless, I'd use this guitar for any gig, apart from maybe an acoustic or softer gig.

When I got the guitar, there were a few finger prints, mine and the shop assistants, but they came straight off when wiped. The guitar was tuned too drop D, and everything was set to play, clean strings, undamaged, perfect tuning. It was perfect. No floors in the finish, all bolts were tight, all screws were screwed in well, everything was fine.

This guitar was carved in india, and has the rhoads body shape. My model's in black, but you could choose blue or red. The guitar has 24 jumbo frets, an alder body and a maple neck. The neck is very thin, so all four fingers can play easily. The hardware is chrome, and the bridge is string-thru body. The guitar has three controls given, a volume, one tone, and a three way selector to change between pickups. The guitar has two pickups, which I think might be seymore duncan, but I don't know as they're blank and the make isn't said. The tuners are jacksons own make, and are non-locking. With the guitar, I got a 'Dean' gig bag as all V shapes were out of stock.

chirayu
    hey, i live in india...can anyone tell me where do they make it? it sounds its a decent guitar..jacksons are not available here..some ppl said that these were made in india? HELP PLS! i want this!
    cincit2
    will22, it's easy to stand up, just keep hold of the neck. it's not IMPOSSIBLE
    will22
    yes but on mine you have to keep it with ur thumb which makes it hard to get from one end to the other or just general sliding. someone said it could be todo with my strap