JS30RR review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30RR

Purchased from: eBay

Perfect metal guitar for budget buyers, but don't let the word budget change the way you think of this guitar, it's worthy of at least 600-700$, I run mine through a Randall RX120D with a Boss MT-2 and PW-10 with a DigiTech RP200 for effects. Low noise, full sound on all pickup settings, bright as well. I have gotten used to how this guitar works so I can make it get a lot tof tones.

I play metal, rock, blues, and a bit of metalcore. Suits is perfectly. I have been playing for 5 years and it is the best guitar in it's price range by far. I would go on a rampage if someone stole my baby, and if I never found it I would get another one. It's that good. The only thing I don't like is the input placement, it is right on your leg if you are sitting down, so what I did was I got my local music shop to put a 90 degree end on my patch. Works great.

Definetly strong enough for live shows, durable and nice hardware, strap buttons are rock solid, totally unbreakable unless you try of course. Would definetely use it for gigs, I would have a backuop just in case though (you never know what can happen). The finishis nice and thick and after 2 years of playing it's there are no wear spots.

Jackson did a great job setting this guitar up, action was around 0.23 of an inch which is unbelievably easy to play. The pickups sounded nice where they were but I just made a few tweaks height wise. Everything was flawless on this guitar when I got it, no corrosion, no flaws.

Made in 2005 in india, has 24 fretsl, 25.5 inch scale Jumbo frets with a rosewood neck. I'm not sure exactly what wood it is, I think it's basswood, finish is a metallic blue which looks great. what I love is the RR shape. Tough looking guitar string through body construction I have active pickups in mine, but it comes with Passive Jackson pickups which sound awesome. Volume and tone knobs, dual humbuckers, stock tuners are Jackson, I've had to problems with them so far. And when I bough mine it came with a Jackson gigbag.

TIRxNOVA74
    definately not a flying v shape.....way cooler looking then that. I cant wait to get this guitar!
    Born_to_shred
    I'm gonna beg my parents to get me this guitar for my birthday. Just wondering, would this be a good purchase for a second guitar?
    barcelona_rov
    ive been playing for 6 months and im gonna beg my parents to buy me this guitar, because since i saw it, i knew that it was going to be mine, so i hope my mom or dad give to me on my birthday.
    MetalUpUrAnus
    [quote].arkness:. wrote: 'It also has a strung through body which is more difficult to string but worth it for looks.' Obviously you havnt delt with a floyd rose bridge yet. LOL. So tru
    RhoadsJackson71
    .arkness:. wrote: 'It also has a strung through body which is more difficult to string but worth it for looks.' Obviously you havnt delt with a floyd rose bridge yet. Im tossing up getting this guitar or a JS30 king V. I know where the jack input is on the King V but where is it on the RR? I want to be able to play with it sitting down without the jack/lead digging into my thigh, the V shape isnt much of a big deal as it looks too good to pass up.
    It's in between the points and it will dig into your leg sitting down. I already had to replace a cable becasue the wires actually broke in the end.
    KnownUnknown
    sitting down with it is bad cause the cable wires can be stripped but its a great guitar otherwise
    Adhrast
    my god, is it so impossible to play the js30rr while sitting? i'm dying to have it, but is playing sitting something you can make a habit? well, i want it so badly i could even play on foot for the rest of my damn life xD
    Anealator
    Ever since I saw this guitar (Matt Tuck played it in Brixton Acadamy in January 2006, at least I think it was this one. But anyway..) I've wanted it. But now I've read the reviews and seen the prices (200 brand new, bargin!) I have to get one. Thanks guys.
    ultimaterocker6
    When i get the money and persuade my parents im getting this. The only things mayb putting me of is the fact abot the leveling out ...? is there anyway to prevent it ? Also a friends said he played his friends JS30RR and the tone was really fluffy is this true ? Thanks Ultimaterocker6
    GuitarManNick
    "Take one look at the Jackson JS30RR, and you'll know right away what this guitar was manufactured for, Punk and Metal along with all of its affiliates." ..... WHAT THE FUCK!!! ok, i agree that the 1st time u see it u think its a metal guitar ... but punk ?!?! most punk bands use guitars such as the fender strat and epiphone LP (personally, i think both of these guitars, strat and LP, suck big balls.... but thats just me) so idk how u thought this is a punk guitar just by looking at it.... like when u look at the RR only 1 person comes to mind and that is... Randy Rhoads ... not punk.... but yeah, im thinking of buying this guitar.. it kicks ass!!
    Shredy_Mc_shred
    guitarstar525 wrote: Is this the guitar Kirk Hammet somtimes uses? except does he have custom fret inlays?
    Kirk uses ESP guitars mainly if u want his equipment your better off lookin at them
    guitarstar525 wrote: Does this guitar play Megadeth well?
    smi16
    I baught this guitar about 4 months ago and i just cant put it down. It Is Amazing =]
    kissrulez4evr
    has anyone tried this one and the king v? i can't really decide whether i should trade in my ibanez grx20 for this or not. it's a decent guitar, but i like the look of this one. and i went to guitar center, and i picked it up, and it was LIGHT AS HELL!!!! well. compared to my ibanez. and this is like $150 more than my ibanez, so i need to come up with some money for it first. and probably a new bag. or does it fit into normal gigbags??