JS30RR review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30RR

I mainly play hard rock, metal and punk. But I dabble in a little bit of everything I guess. I play this through a Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt. I was very surprised at the quality of the stock pick-ups. It comes with 2 Jackson CVR2 humbuckers. I replaced the bridge pick-up with a Dimebucker after having it for about 6 months. The stock pick-up started to sound muddy to me. I still use the neck pick-up all the time though. I can pull off pinch harmonics very well with this guitar as well.

My overall impression is well impressed. It's a very good match for the style of music I play. I've been playing for 1 year and like, 6 months (don't judge). If it were lost(who loses a guitar) or stolen, I would definatly replace it assuming I had the cash. Before I got this I used a borrowed Ibanez S370, the Ibanez has a Floyd Rose, but besides that, this guitar blows it away in every category(except maybe the pickup switch).

I've accidently knocked this guitar so many times while not paying attention do where I'm going. It still looks like the day I got it. No scrapes, bumps or dents. I don't need strap-locks because the strap buttons hold up very well. The paint seems like it's gunna hold up for a VERY long time. I can definatly depend on this guitar. I wouldn't use it without a back-up just because I wouldn't use anything without a back-up unless I had to.

Since I got this guitar out of the store it did not come with the factory setting due to people getting to mess with it. However even if it did, I would still adjust it to my liking, no matter how perfect it was. I had to raise the pick-ups and lower the actions just a bit. Nothing that 30mins of tweaking can't fix. The ONLY flow I can find with this guitar is the pick-up Switch could be a little smoother.

The Jackson JS30RR plays as good as it looks. This guitar has 24 jumbo fret with Dot inlays. The body is made of Alder and it has a Bolt-on maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. Mine comes in a sleek black finish which collects fingerprints like crazy, but that's expected. Because this is as far as I know, the cheapest Rhoads you can buy, it's lacking in the features department compared to some of the more pricey models. But that's not to say this guitar is bad at all. The Tune-O-Matic bridge makes it very easy to adjust your action and feels very natural. The jack is located right where you would place your guitar on your leg, so unless you want to deal with that, but a right angle jack! This will solve that problem. This guitar does not have any kind of tremelo system, so if you need one, go look somewhere else for one.

xx619xx
    this is deffinately gona be my next guitar ( i own a fender its hopeless for me cuz im a metalhead \m/)
    sid77
    well i have an ibanez and a really cheap guitar but i recently bought this guitar and man its awesome. i play metal and it definitely gets the job done so i recommend to everyone cuz it also sounds sweet in a clean channel and the neck is perfect for speed
    sid77
    well i recommend this guitar for everyone cuz when i play metal it sound awesome and when i play on a clean channel it still kicks ass
    Anjohl
    So where exactly is the imput jack? What direction does it point in?
    Anjohl
    Maybe you could use one of those offset cords that point off in a right angle.