JS30RR review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30RR

Purchased from: Ebay

I play mostly metal or shred. But I've got my hand in almost everything. I, myself, play a Fender 15G with a DigiTech RP200. I can get a pretty good tone with the amp alone. (Something about the pedal just messes it up.) I've played it through many amps, including a Line 6 Spider III and a Raven (I don't remember which one it was.) It plays great through all of them. The guitar itself really isn't that noisy, but only for me. If my brother plays it, there is a lot of excess noise, but I think it's just HIM. This thing can sing man. You want metal? You got it. Blues? Anytime, baby. This this is versatile, without intention, I believe. All in all, it's a workhorse.

Overall, this is a great guitar. I've been playing for about two years. If it were lost or stolen, I'd buy another. I love the neck the most. But the thing I hate is sitting with it when playing amped up. The input jack is at the wrong spot. I kind of wish it had a Floyd Rose, but I don't have to deal with the hassle of tuning. I guess it's better off this way.

As I previously stated, the only problem is a loose strap button. But it holds pretty tight. It takes a long time and a lot of on off to get it loose. I have played it at a gig without a back up, mainly because I don't have one. The finish has not started to wither at all... And I've been trying.

When the guitar arrived to me, the action was perfect. I've had people actually comment on my action (an old buddy of mine.) The pickups are at just about the right height. Being that this was previously owned, there are a few dings. Mainly, one on the edge of the headstock, just a little nick. The rear strap button comes unscrewed with time, but a screwdriver always helps. All in all though, it's a fine guitar.

This is essentially the poor mans Randy Rhoades. Not to say that Jackson skipped out on it. I don't know what year it was made but it was crafted in India. It has a twenty four fret 25.5" neck. I believe it has an alder body with a rosewood fretboard. The pickups (two Jackson CVR2) are passive. There is a volume, a 3-way selector and a tone knob. The pickups are H-H. The tuners are a decent, non-locking Jackson tuners. I got mine for a score of two hundred dollars, including a Coffin Case.

HouseOfSyn6661
    I have to decide between buying this guitar, or an Alexi-200. I kind of want the Alexi more, because of the tremolo. I really don't know which to get, though. Can anyone help me? Give me any advice? I would greatly appreciate it.
    ToTeNkOpF+David
    which ones better? this guitar or a JS30KV? help me (and dont be mean im just a beginner with electrics i dont know much)!!!
    adiokid20
    I bought this guitar and only one problem, the E-string vibrates (makes a buzzing noise) on the first fret, wondering if anyone could help me out with this, Thank You Very Much
    Fazemelta666
    I don't have one of these, though I am hoping to have enough to buy one soon (FINALLY one got sent to my local music store for 259 quid!), but that sound you're getting from the guitar, don't worry, it's not got anything to do with the guitar. The same thing happened to my Explorer and a couple of my dad's acoustics, and i think its got something to do with either the bridge, the string grooves nearest the headstock, or the strings may be in a poor condition. How long have you had the guitar, and did you restring it immediately after buying it? If you did, what kind did you get, cuz it's best to go for either Ernie Ball Super Slinkies or Ernie Ball Beef Slinkies, depending on your style of playing.
    Fazemelta666
    I asked the store clerk if I could sit in a tuning room with one of these, just to see how it feels, cuz i've only ever held an Explorer, an ESP LTD F-100FM, a Gibson Les Paul and a couple of acoustics, so i had no idea how to hold this thing sitting down! (When I bought my Explorer, which was about a year ago, i had a choice of either that or a classic shape Epiphone Flying V, and when I sat down with the V, the first time i had ever done so, i was sitting with the f**kin' fretboard on my lap!) But once i figured it out, it was the most comfortable guitar i've ever held. My main inspirations are Metallica, BFMV and Machine Head, so it was pretty obvious that i liked the guitar so f**kin' much!
    Venom77
    Im Buying Two Jackson Guitars On The 26th A Jackson DXMG Dinky And I Think I Found The Second Guitar I Will Be Buying!