JS30RR review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30RR

Price paid: C$ 289

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

I play mostly Metal music and this guitar suits my musical style perfectly. This guitar has very good sounds and is not very noisy at all. I play this guitar through a Zoom GFX-1 Pedal and a Line 6 Spider III amp and it works fairly well. This guitar can suit anyone who plays metal, it works well for fast playing and slow heavy riffs. This guitar sounds good clean and with tons of distortion.

This guitar is great for playing metal and even rock. This guitar suits me perfectly. I have been playing for almost 3 years now and this is my third guitar. My previous guitars have been a cheap acoustic and a PRS knockoff. I had a Peavey amp previously and upgraded to a Line 6, which I plan of getting rid of soon due to its digital sound. I have a Zoom GFX-1 and a Dunlop Original Cry Baby. If this guitar was stolen I would buy another one without hesitation. I compared this guitar to other Jackson products, an Ibanez RG and a Squire Classic Vibe Telecaster. The only thing I wish this guitar had is a tremolo.

I think this guitar would withstand live playing pretty well with the exception of the hardware, this could be an inconvenience to a guitarist, but I would probably use it live without a backup. The finish is good and would not wear off easily. I have banged this guitar a couple times and its not noticeable whatsoever except for a dent on the tip of the headstock.

This guitar was set up perfectly, the action is very good, you can play fast all over the neck without worrying. The pickups required little adjusting and sound amazing. The only problem is the hardware coming lose during transport, It never happens while I'm playing and its an easy fix when it does.

This guitar was purchased in 2009 at Long and McQuade. This guitar has 24 frets, a string through body bridge and stock Jackson pickups. This guitar has a Satin black finish and the only problem with the finish is that fingerprints show up fairly easily. This guitar has chrome hardware which has been a slight problem for me. The knobs have a habit of coming lose quite often, but its an easy fix. I have had to start carrying around screwdrivers with me though.

Sakke
    I don't find the ratings for the guitars that valid. It is a 300 euros guitar,not the best guitar you could get. The reviewers have forgotten to be critic and very careful. Also they are overrating the guitars,they don't have really anything special on them. I would consider giving an 8 or a 7.5 for these,because compared to the price they are indeed very good quality.