JS30RR Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30RR Rhoads

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

This guitar is clearly made for the somewhat experienced metal fan. Flying V's are known for the fact that they are usually played while standing, however this guitar is somewhat more stable to play while sitting. Unfortunately, the amp that I use is not up to par with most common metal amplifiers. However, the guitar seemed to have a better feel as well as a powerful sound. The 24 jumbo frets open up more possible solos then those of a 21 fret guitar.

I play metal and heavily distorted songs, this guitar meets the standards completely. I have been playing for about 4 years now. I had one guitar before this one. One important note on the strap locks again; the man in the store mentioned that he had the same model when he was in his band. He said that everytime he really hammered down on the guitar, the straps would slip off. This is why I am recommending strap lockes. If it was stolen or lost I would buy a new one. The reasons why I chose the guitar are that I was always interested in a Flying V, the guitar was lighter than my other one, and the guitar simply felt right in my hands.

This guitar will withstand Live playing. However it is recommended to get strap locks because a strap will eventually slide off due to the angle that the 2nd strap pin is in. I would always have a back up no matter what guitar. However I would use it without a back up if I had to, chances being that nothing would happen. The finish will last, however with a Flying V, you must always watch out for the ends.

The guitar was used when I bought it, however I found no scratches or marks. This was uncommon in a used Flying V because wear and tear typically appears on the ends due to the shape. The pickups are Standard, however, due to their size, one might want to upgrade. The one flaw in the guitar is a small rattling noise from the first few frets on the E and A strings. Also while I was in the store, another model of this guitar had fret overhang, which can cut up your fingers as you slide.

The Jackson JS30RR Rhoads JS Series Electric Guitar looks great and plays fast. Late guitar whiz Randy Rhoads backed up Ozzy with lightning-fast, classically-based riffs. He worked with Jackson to design this unique-looking and fast-playing electric guitar with dual Jackson CVR2 humbuckers for plenty of high-end sparkle. The string-thru alder body with bolt-on maple neck produces great sustain and the compound radius rosewood fretboard with 24 jumbo frets aid clean runs. Jackson put chrome tune-o-matic bridge and die-cast tuners on the JS30RR guitar. Jackson's compound-radius fingerboard curves more dramatically at the nut for easy chording and flattens out as it approaches the neck joint for low-action bends without fretting out. With a more relaxed hand, you'll play better!