JS30RR Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30RR Rhoads

I play rythmn guitar and do the lead vocals in a metalcore band and this guitar does pretty much everything I want it to do. It's super comfy while playing due to the shape of the guitar and doesn't cause too much pain on your wrist after a while of shredding. I have mine going through an Ibanez TS-9 Tude Screamer and going through a shitty 8 watt Fat Rat combo. It sounds the sex even through my crappy rig but I would advise using a noise supressor due to the active pickups picking up pretty much everything you do to the guitar itself. The actualy sound of the guitar is amazing considering what I paid for it, it's obviously not as good as all the biggest bands out there but it is good just for practising, gigging and recording, with a distortion pedal the guitar handles very well and a rick, full sound is delivered every time, if playing clean the guitar still handles super well and I couldn't really ask for much more from it. Considering I mainly play metalcore music when I do vary from play and delve into blue and jazz the guitar still hold up very well.

Like I said before I play mainly metalcore but occasionaly indulge myself in other genres of music. This guitar holds up very well in all of them and handles beautifully in most playing situations. The guitar sounds amazing through lots of set ups and it depending on what style of music you play. If my guitar were stolen of lost I would probably guy the Jackson RR1 which is slightly more expensive and have 2 less frets, but this is simply because it has a double locking Floyd Rose tremolo bridge and I need that kind of stuff for my music. But for the price that they go for and the quality of the actual guitar it is a lot better than I could have asked for.

The durability of the guitar is pretty good. Due to the shape of the guitar you'll have to be careful practising and gigging with it because of the fin size and shape. It does withstand Live stuff, provided you have a decent amount of room, if not then you will probably cause injury to other people and I wouldn't advise using this guitar Live without strap locks because of the angle of the strap buttons they are prone to slipping mid-song which is bloody annoying. The hardware is very good for an entry level and I would use this guitar without a backup if I had to and the only backup guitar I would use is if I broke a string.

As soon as I got the guitar it was ready to play. With some minor adjustments to the tone knob and some altering of the settings on my amp I pretty much had the sound I was looking for. The guitar contained no flaws inside and out and I didn't need to adjust any of the circuitry, however I would recommend some better pickups because, although these ones are good, they could be better.

This is the entry level Jackson Rhoads model. It comes with 24 jumbo frets on the neck, is a string through body and has a bolt on neck. The pickups this guitar is rockin are basic Jackson humbuckers, which aren't that bad to begin with but probably will need changing eventually to get a better sound.

ilovebamboo
    Is this guitar cheap? I guess it depends where you get it from! I've got an Epiphone, but i need a second guitar for gigs. So basically i want a kick ass Metal-shaped guitar! but i haven't got much money to spend! whats the cheapest Jackson i can possible get? anyone know thanks
    d0c_phil
    this is probably the cheapest one u can get.. but take it from me ur much better off with your epiphone.. i was in the same position as you; i have an epiphone les paul special and wanted a cool looking metal guitar.. i bought the jackson and i barely play it now cos the tone u get from the standard pickups really sux. if ur going to buy this guitar u should probably invest in some better pickups, i have gone back to using my epiphone, it has way better tone!! (for a fraction of the price i might add)