JS30RR Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30RR Rhoads

This is proberly most of a metal guitar than anything but I play punk, metal, rock and a little bit of Indie and it defanitly sound very good for the distorted songs in clean it doesnt't stand up to well playing big open chords but if you bought this you wouldn't even think of using it for that sort of stuff (or most of you anywho) so if I rated it for the distorted tone alone I'd give it a eight or nine but for an all round good tone it wont do the job so of course rate it acordingly to what you'd use it for.

Overall for metal and punk also this will totally get to you unless you want a more rounded sound for other styles I've been playting a little over a year and it's taught me to play standing up as I didn't before as it sorta forces you too but it's a good idea so overall a very good cheap guitar for possibly begginers.

This guitar is proberly very reliable I haven't giged with it yet but I have drop and bashed it countless time and I've had it for about six months it still plays and sounds like it did when I got it, and as for the strap buttosn they'r solidly on I'm gunna get strap locks eventually but I don't seem to need them it takes me about 5 mins just to get the straps on so it's very tightly secure, and the paint hasn't faded but I did have a very small chip in the bottom because of droping it etc so if you took care of it it really wont fade for a decent long while I would use it without a backup maiit hasn't ever nly because my other guitar is a cheapy bad sounding Strat copy but it hasn't ever failed to deliver so I woudlnt be scared(I'd rather risk it than take the effort to carry two guitars with me).

This guitar came wiht some really light strings that just floped everywhere and had a lot of buzzing against the frets but I changed the strings to heavys (cant remember the guage mabey 52's)and it is perfect I've had no problems so far.

This is a Flying V Randy Rhoads style guitar it's pretty with a string true body which doesnt't make it anymore harder to string it up (I rekon anyway)it has a volume a tone know way and three way pickup selecter for the two bridge and neck humbucker and 24 frets, I do belive the pickups are Jackson made the pickup model name escapes me tho.You can get this wiht a gig bag depending on where you get it from of course.

rich105
    ok the reason u guys think the pickups on this guitar sux so bad because this guitar is for distorted songs not clear open riffs
    Blasphemylol
    I have the older Performer PS-3 version (made in the 80's). I upgraded the pickups to Seymour Duncans and oh my lord it was worth it! The performers were better built than the new entry level jackson's and the bodies were made from Alder. If you are looking for a Cheap Jackson, see if you can find a Performer. They might not be spotless anymore but they were built to last, for years!
    guitargod...not
    I have a question... Should i get this guitar or the js30Kv or just save up more and get a KVX10?
    bcoutlaw
    I'm thinkin' about gettin' this guitar but am still not sure because i've played it and the pickups really aren't that great and the jack is located in the stupidest place ever... Idk over time I'm thinkin' that all the upgrades you'd have to do to make it decent would be more expensive than savin' for a Jackson Rhoads RR3 pro series hmmm... It's still nice tho for the price thanks for the review lol!
    Veroth
    ive had this guitar for almost 6 months and i have to say i really like it. a lot of people dont like the pickups on it, but im a personal fan of passives and theses are rather nice for stock pickups. for the $300 i paid id say its well worth it.
    MetalManForLife
    After about 1-2yrs of owning one of these, id have to say there well worth with, there light, nice sound when distorted and durable, since ive brought it, its had a couple of nocks and bumbs, but no marks or chips have shown up which is good, only problem would be is gettin a bag or hard case for it, coz of is shape it makes it longer then the standard guitar, otherwise, id say its well worth to buy one
    guitarfreak222
    ilovebamboo wrote: Is this guitar cheap? I guess it depends where you get it from! I've got an Epiphone, but i need a second guitar for gigs. So basically i want a kick ass Metal-shaped guitar! but i haven't got much money to spend! whats the cheapest Jackson i can possible get? anyone know thanks
    It's quite cheap for a quality guitar. I got mine for about 420 AUD
    thegeetar12
    how would this guitar sound through my peavey bandit 112 and playing metallica or A7X?
    merkalos666
    i got this guitar and it's awesome. i'm just thinking of a pickup change for a better metal tone!