JS30RR Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30RR Rhoads

It suites me 100 percent for my Megadeth (Lead guitar), Testament and some Airbourne rock and Judas Preist. Melodic, speed, thrash, rock, basically. Line 6 15 in clean (for my distortion) DigiTech RP150 prossesor, have setting I confuigered for my tastes, not very distorted so no hissing sounds, nice and clear. (I make my unique sound with this so you might not be able to do the same) Pich harmonics, weird bends but you must have talented, primed fingers to make up for the low, high-end sustain of the pickups when doing runs and Mega high solos. You must be a guitarist to play this not a over effect user! You have to have talent not just ability (you must make up for where it is not so good). It is a good platform to make your style on, and then once after, say, 9 mounths move up a notch. (Jackson X series is a good step).

4 years have taught me well, being self taught. I've not played a pro guitar yet but in 3 mounths a Jackson KE3 is mine! I own a squire Strat (1st real guitar), Dean VX (getting used to my musical tastes). If it were lost or stolen I would get another one as a backup, this guitar has been a critical milestone in my playing life, its seen me through sessions with my drummer, 3 GCSE school assignments for music, it's left and amazing impretion on me.If it were stolen, I would find the guy who stole this, tie him down and jump on his balls until I was bored and he was a woman, hehehe. Remember the marks given are based on what you get compared to othersat the price. Hope this helps.

I have not giged yet as I'm soon getting my 5th guitar, a serious one, Jackson KE3. This is a Jackson, its mean't to be played hard. The strap buttons don't fault. I would use my VX as a backup beacause I'm a very, expect-the-worse-to-happen guy! The finish is fine, don't worry about the spike we've had our bumps and she's fine. I play too much and hard and demand alot from a platform lay my playing on (guitar) and she's fine! Only thing is that the tone knob went weird, if you go less than 5 down it looses volume. This is ok as it happens with JS30 lots, and I was swinging the knob around because I was used to the Deans plastic fast knobs, so it's my fault. It's no problem as I only go down a bit on the tone for parts of Megadeth's Peace sells.. On Polands solo fills.

The guitar is extreemly reliable, the action was fine nothing needed messing with, this is PMT Birmingham though so it should'nt! It fit me very well and hardly took any getting used to. The finish has not moverd or been affected.

Been playing seriously for 4 years now, this guitar was made in Japan I think. It has 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood fingerboard. No fancy flame maple, just infurno red, still looks good though. Cedro body, bolt-on maple neck, string through body, chrome hardware. Rhoads style, duh! Active humbuckers, 3 way switch, Jackson made pickups, Jackson tuners, nothing too fancy at this level. The rating is based on what is does for its price compared to others, (Dean VX, also owned by me).

The Stiv
    I got one of these back when they were made of alder... Now it's signed by Megadeth though.
    LORDLOSS18
    megadethfan 666
    LORDLOSS18 wrote: is the neck as thick as an aucustic? coz thats wat it sounds like when u say 'jumbo fretts'.
    newbie