JS30RR Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30RR Rhoads

Purchased from: craigslist

This guitar sounds amazing. I have thin top heavy bottom strings from D'Addario and sound amazing. It feels as it was made for such strings and downtuning. Although I don't play much downtuned material, but whenever I do, this is my guitar of choice. I also played this guitar for punk material, and it sounded perfect. Even though I don't have much against the stock pickups, I still have plans to change them, which I believe is kinda unnecessary.

I love this guitar to death. It is my everyday guitar. It is very fun to play with sitting down. It is very reliable and it looks amazing. There is nothing to dislike about this guitar. It is perfect for metal.

I had the strap button replaced to DiMarzio straplocks, just like all my V shaped guitars. I can always depend on this guitar and it is very solid. Only problem is that it kinda is easy to mess up its body as I stated few times before, but nothing too big. Hardware is amazing and it always stays in tune, if not messed with.

I reset the set-up and action myself. It is the most amazing setup I've played. All my guitar buddies gets surprised when they try it. As I stated before there is two things that bothers me about the guitar. One is the weakness of the guitar. Which the wood is to blame for. It is easily scratched, dent and chipped. You just have to be careful and store it in case. If you are like me and use it as everyday guitar, than just accept its fate. The second problem is that the guitar is very neck heavy. When you are playing it, the neck will weigh down in you hand and will tip. Best way to avoid is to get wide straps so it stays in place.

Many aspects such as its unique design and craftsmanship makes this guitar amazing. Even though it is not one of my best guitars, but I personally value this the most. This guitar has 24 jumbo frets. They are the perfect size to shred along comfortably and lets you to play very fast. The bridge is fixed, which is a plus specially that metal nowadays have so many tunings. It enables you to change tuning in matter of minuets. The pickups on this guitar is descent. It is definitely good enough for metal and sounds better than half the guitars out, but it is not the top sounding pickups. The two things negative about this guitar is that one, The guitars wood can easily chip and dent and the second is that the guitar is very Neck Heavy. Both of these problems can be avoided with proper measures.

MantheDan
    LORDLOSS18 wrote: is the neck as thick as an aucustic? coz thats wat it sounds like when u say 'jumbo fretts'.
    The term "Jumbo Frets" refer to the size of the frets on the guitar. For beginners, frets are the squares you place your fingers on to hold down a note.
    adrielchng
    MantheDan
    adrielchng wrote: The Jumbo frets refer to the size of the piece of metal that seperate the spaces. Not the place where u put your finger.
    It's not the actual piece of metal, it's the distance between two of the pieces of metal...so aka where you put your finger