JS30WR Warrior review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30WR Warrior

Purchased from: Amazon.com[Sam Ash]

I play mainly heavy and thrash metal (think Metallica, Megadeth, Black Sabbath) and at the price this is the guitar for me. I ran it through a Marshall 15W, and the guitar does absolutely what I want it to do. On clean, it is wonderfully smooth, and with the distortion turned on it is a crazy monster! Master Of Puppets, Iron Man, get the crunch and insanity they deserve. Very fast neck, superb for soloing!

As mentioned above, I play metal and this guitar is a perfect match! For USD300, you'd be hard pressed to find a better axe for you metallic needs, amd with the actual performance, you get killer looks and the hallowed Jackson name. If it were stolen or lost I would definitely buy it again! I love the variety of sounds it makes, it's awe-inspiring looks and the top-quality fretboard. Before buying this I looked at an Epiphone LP and a Gibson Flying V, but the price and looks clinched it for me. If you are a beginner or moderately experienced, this guitar is great for you (the only requirement being you play metal). I highly recommend it!

Going by looks alone, this is a stage guitar. I can picture crowds going crazy at the aggresive look and finish. The hardware seems pretty sturdy, but as I have had the guitar for only a week, I can't say for sure if it will last live playing. The finish is very pleasing, it not only looks good, but also seems durable. Top-class!

The guitar arrived well set-up but badly out of tune. All the strings were tuned atleast ten steps down! I have heard of people complaining of a slightly high action, but mine suits me well. The pickups (2 monster Jackson humbuckers) perform perfectly, and arrived well-adjusted. The 3-way switch gives you the freedom for soloing or delivering crushing riffs. My guitar was in perfect condition, and had no flaws at all.

Made in 2006 in India. This monster has 24 jumbo frets and a rosewood fretboard that is super-fast for this price range. The body is very solid looking and feeling, and the finish is near flawless! it's a great shiny black colour, with the only problem being that it does attract dust and fingerprints. String thru body bridge which I was already used to, so no problems there. Controls are really basic, and I deducted points for that; I found just master volume and tone selection slightly deficient, but I really cannot complain after the amazing price!

clodzilla319
    Yeah these guitars are so cheap everything is bad about and of the js series of guitars. .....What?
    Bloodtoxic
    bought this guitar. feels like it was put together by children everything was loose froom machine heads to neck to output jack. after tightening and some modifications this guitar is great even for a entry level guitar.major flaw. This doesnt stay in tune when lead is played.Body is amazingly comfortable for its shape but seems neck heavy when playing standing.i would like a more expensive model but im content. 7.5-8/10
    Pingis_Or_Death
    Mike9200 : I have this guitar, it was my first guitar. I recomend only getting this guitar if your just starting out if not pay 200 dollers more and get the XT, it comes with EMG Humbuckers and a wammy bar. Also the guitar looks so much better in red, that's the color I have.
    You're talking about the WRMG, the WRTX doesn't have EMGs. The WRMG also costs 600 dollars more
    gibsonsgfan440
    AthenasGhost wrote: Looks like a good guitar. Would look wicked in black
    I own it in black. ITS UNBELIEVABLEY SWEET!
    TIRxNOVA74
    looks pretty sweet. do you think this would b more comfortable sitting down to play than the js30rr? im pretty stuck between the two
    o d y s s e y
    i dunno if its my amp which i highly doubt it is but doin certain techniques (ie. tapping and pinch harmonics) take twice as much effort, and are very difficult to do with the default pick ups. other than that this is an amazing guitar for the price, i recommend it to all metal lovers ! 7 / 10
    metallica92
    scrambler_66
    I had this guitar for about 2 years, then traded it for a late 80's Carvin V220 \m/ but anyway, it was a great guitar, especially for the price. It was my second guitar, my first was a Behringer crap-o-caster. I wasn't used to the longer horns on the tail end, so I was always banging them on walls, doors, next door neighbors, bass players... Yes, you can play it sitting down. It's actually quite comfortable. I'd consider buying another one, or perhaps an upgraded one with a trem, even though the Carvin has a Kahler. The best part was when I joined a youth group band. Everyone was like, "Aww, we got a new guitar player, the bands gonna lead us in worship." BOOM! JACKSON! HERESY!! AAAAHHH!!
    Anjohl
    Actually, playing this guitar sitting down is SUPER comfortable. I played one today for about 45 minutes, and the real problems I had with it were the pickups being a little on the weak side tonewise, and the neck. The neck is atrocious. It's the same stock neck they use on the low-end King V's...and it really is bad. If you are a beginner and love metal, this is your machine. MUCH better bang for your buck than a Bronze Warlock...but if you want to play lead, you are better off with the low end Ibanez models, and if you wnt to play rythem, you are better off with the low end LTD's. That said, just to point out, the body shape does not in ANY way impede sitting down and playing. If anything, I found it was balanced quite nicely.
    nickolsson
    metallica92 wrote: yeah i have this guitar simply because i HATE floyd rose trems when i'm doing live stuff and i need to d-tune. all i did was swap the pickups with emg's and now this baby screams and it doesnt go out of tune at all not even when playing lead. honestly the only difference between this and the higher end warriors is a trem and inlays both of which i have no use for, so things are a bit loose, set up your own friggin' guitar! its slightly neck heavy but a good strap sorts this. if i was really dying for a trem i could always buy a stetsbar. best of all i got the whole guitar including emg's and sperzel locking tuners for 225.
    well the higher quality have neck through which is really good your notes go forever same with pinch harmonics