JS30WR Warrior review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30WR Warrior

Price paid: C$ 499

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

I personally play a range of types of rock, from the bands Bon Jovi to Children of Bodom. You can get all of those sounds through it. With its humbuckerts you can get a great wah sound when run through a pedal.This guitars strong suit types of music are Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock and it does great with punk.

I'm in a band called Plague and we play Thrash metal with a mix of screemo. This guitar plays a lot better than my Gibson, first of all the notes sustain much longer and better. Second it has that natural metal sound. I'm hoping to find some EMG 81/85 active pickups to throw in this thing to get the Zakk Wylde kind of solo sound.

I do gig with this thing and it is very long-lasting. The finish hasn't shown any signs of wear. I've been gigging with this thing while my Les Paul Studio is at home. The Les Paul needs REAL strap locks. The thickness of the guitar will never interfere with your playing. It has the right thickness to have great sweaping and shredding.

It was setup so-so from the factory, the strings were tuned WAYT to low and the frets were barely filed. So I got them filed for a little cash but it was WELL worth it. A good thing was the Treble and rythym Switch was very tight. It wouldn't move while playing.

The Jackson JS30WR Warrior I have is a 2008 model. I've been playing it for around a year and a half and it RIPS! It comes with 2 Jackson Humbuckers, 24 frets and it sounds beautiful when run through a Boss GT-6 effects pedal. The Neck wood is Mahogany and the body is Well painted. The system in it is not active but it does have great pickups.

Good_Lord
    can u play it sitting down? the body looks weird
    Yes you can ... it's called called classical position ! That's a good starting guitar , looks way better than a wal-mart yamaha strat !
    d-340
    NathanRobbins
    lol that last reviewer XD I own a MG100DFX and you can get no such chug chug sound out of it unless you want your ears to cry blood for an hour. Horrible tone!
    TheWolverine
    d-340 wrote: I have this one in black. Bought it cuz I hate floyds. This thing is a beast. I play death/thrash, and I run mine through a Peavey XXL. This bad boy screams. Stock pups are ok, but I got a SD Dimebucker ready to go in. Don't listen to the haters to all who wanna try one out. Definitely will get some bang for your buck.
    I got an L500 ready to go for when I get this little ****er!
    RX120D
    Hey guys, don't be bashing the JS series. I can imagine only a fraction of the people who bad mouth the JS series have never tried one. The first guitar I bought with my own money was the JS30RR. The Rhoads Model. I've currently got newer/better guitars than the JS, but it still hangs proudly on the wall as a reminder of my beginner/intermediate days. It was a very solid guitar. I didn't like the pickups though. I have an obsession with active tone. So I fixed that. But overall, it was a great guitar. Very reliable. SOLID. I actually just bought a new set of strings for it so I'm gonna be getting into playing it more often. I'm pretty excited. As stated earlier by other users, go and try one out. Don't listen to all the haters. It's all about what you think of the guitar in the end anyway!
    Megdidar
    Cool body style but I like the BC Rich stealth's take on the design a little better. More sleek and with a really comfortable neck heel.
    TST2469
    looks like an alright guitar. But i prefer the V's to me nothing is better then a solid V!! But that being said still awesome guitar