JS30WR Warrior review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30WR Warrior

The Warrior is well accomodating to the many styles I play, great for my metal (such as Megadeth, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Black Sabbath) and is real nice when I play stuff like some Anthrax, The Warrior even likes to sing with me when I'm feelin Beatles-y or want to play some blues. But I really can't tell you its full potential because the only amp I have is a 20 year old tiny Gorilla Amp. No noise on the swith and likes to screatch at me on the Bridge pickup sometimes, but I get the distinct feeling it's got a lot to do with my amp, I can't fully review on its full potential but I really like what I've seen and heard.

This guitar is a fair match for me, though I'm madly in love with my Greg Bennett MB1, the Jackson proves way stronger in metal and thrash, I generally use my other guitar but when I'm feeling heavy I'll grab up the Jackson in a heartbeat, but the Warrior proved to me it'll happily play some blues and heavier jazz with great tone and resonance. All in all it looks bad a-s, sounds badass, and can show you its hidden soft side with few complaints.

As for durability I'd have to say I'm as of now uncertain, the body and neck, pretty much all of the wooden components are very sturdy, the frets and tuners are very solid I don't predict any problems with them, but the tuning nobs, the volume, and Switch even though they aren't loose seem to be very weak or almost fragile. The Bridge if very solid. The EMG's are seemingly indestructable they sound the same they did 5 years ago when I was barely introduced to the guitar world and this guitar was someone elses.

The factory settings are completely unknown to me because I'm at least 3rd generation owner of this thing, but when I got it, it was in beautiful condition, nothing was out of place, everything seems like it was placed in its proper position and assembled straight from the hands of Odin himself. However the previous owner left it out in the open with a swamp cooler so some components have trace amounts of rust, nothing I can't quickly fix. And when I got it I could tell it had been through hell and back because the whole instrument was covered in a disgusting film of grime.

Well, I won't lie I'm honesty not sure of the model, But it has the beautiful Jackson Warrior shape with a seemingly indestructable dark red finnish, it has a couple EMG's that like to sing, but prefer to roar. It doesnt't have a tremolo bar and the inlays are the Standard mother of pearl dots. I've even checked the Jackson website and it doesnt't seem to match any of their models, but I'm not to worried about that, all chrome components with the 3 way switch, neck, mid, bridge. One volume and 2 tone knobs.

Metalmorphosis
    Looks great and the reason why I bought it, and for my first Guitar only bought because the Fret board felt great for fatter hands, LOL... Only thing the quality of the standard Jackson humbuckers sounds terrible and failed in the first year