JS32 Rhoads review by Jackson

Price paid: A$ 250

Purchased from: rockshop

Made in 2010
- 24 frets
- Alder body, mahogany speed neck, rosewood fretboard
- Black finish
- Rhoads shape
- High output Jackson humbuckers passive
- Jackson Licensed Floyd Rose
- Standard Jackson tuners
- Came with a nice gig bag

That's about it, the strings were sh-t and had to change it, the bag was a nice bonus. The finished looked good, it was so suited my style well it was older model which doesn't have a pickguard which I am lucky for the new ones have a pickguard and man they look ugly, guess they easier to make so you know. Over all not problems when I got it, just needed some setting up.

Suits my style very well, I play mostly metal and hard rock. I currently have a spider line 6 amp, improve its tone specially when connected to my 350 watt amplifier with my 5000 dollar B&W speakers, sounds great. I found the sound a bit too dark for my taste so I changed the wiring into parallel, it sounds clearer slightly brighter and has a fuller tone almost like a siglencoil but slightly warmer. Its clean sound and tone is very rich after the mod, I its fun to play jazz and blues on it, then when I crank up the drive it sounds clearer than before. Also it is very easy to do harmonics in the guitar. The pickup I adjusted to my taste which is about 1.5 mill from the string with then last fret pushed down.

The set up was crap when I got it, I had to change basically everything, from strings to truss rod. The Floyd Rose was a pain as they always are. But after that I got my action very low without buzzing. As I am a shredder the speed neck which Is thin feels good, it is a speed demon, as most Jackson guitars. And the v shape allowed easy access to the top frets which I used very often. All components were well placed and shiny no loose bits, its new so what you expect, was on sale actually like 60 percent off, on boxin' day big sale haha I'm lucky.

This guitar is tough I'm expecting to have a lot of scratches on the pointy bits though but I think it will last, well its lasted for 4 years and hardly any scratches really, just one small one. The Floyd Rose is very reliable, if properly setup, almost as good as an original if not as good, I haven't tuned it in 3 days as I can't be bothered and I used the whammy bar q lot and its hardly out of tune, I will tune it later though. The strap buttons are great big but I got locking ones aw with all V guitars they are based on aesthetics and have poor balance which I fixed by getting big strap that grips your shoulder or by putting the strap over the big spike thing which works and I think it looks cool. I have played is gigs and competitions, I can rely on it but I'm would have a backup just in case.

Very good guitar with nice metal tone. Reliable, playable and fun. The scale length I nice with 10s tight tone. Low action if setup properly, its a speedy little thing, but in would love to get a higher end Jackson or a custom made one, it is not the best, but one of the best formats price range. It is best played when on the classical position which I find comfortable, Rhoads shape is brilliant. Just be careful with the spiky ends they may break lol, over nice guitar. The jumbo fret also feel nice easier to play. I'd recommend this guitar for metal players with a low budget, you can scream the heck out of it and it will not go out of tune, when setup properly, trust me. Happy playing.