JS32Q Review

manufacturer: Jackson date: 09/23/2014 category: Electric Guitars
Jackson: JS32Q
Great looks, even greater action. Idol for live playing. It's a Jackson of course.
 9.8
 9.8
 9.7
 8,150
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
JS32Q Reviewed by: deepansh_hbk, on september 23, 2014

Purchased from: Furtados

Features: Alright. First review for this guitar and first review for me on UG. And also it's my first axe so the review seems legit enough.

I'm 16. I bought this on 17th August 2014 from Furtados in New Delhi, India. It took me almost a month to study the guitar before getting this review out. I read the earlier reviews over here and the comments too. Now I'd like to review this guitar on what I've learned from it over these weeks, what all I have given to this guitar, and what this guitar has taken from me and given it back to me.

My Jackson Dinky JS32R is crafted in China. Now let's not start a debate here that it's Chinese and thus it would not be up to the mark. China has proved itself and it's quality over the years in making guitars. It has perfected, matched and even overpowered other countries in making instruments.

Specs:

• Basswood body with quilt maple arched top.
  • Bolt on maple neck.
  • 24 jumbo frets rosewood fingerboard with pearloid sharkfin inlays (12"-16").
  • Dual high-output Jackson humbucking pickups with ceramic magnets.
  • 3 way blade switching.
  • Jackson-branded Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo bridge, black hardware and die-cast tuners.
Mine is a Vintage Sunburst and it looks better off with black hardware and tuners than the JS32R, the one with silver bridge and tuners. The pickups does fine. The best part of the guitar is the finger board. It's smooth, the one in which your hand can slip easily. Fast action stuff for sure. The strap holders are great, they have a particular good angle that does well, you don't have to worry for the strap falling at all. Floyd Rose bridge is awesome as always. Put a tremolo on, and you can roar all the way. Tuning Floyd Rose may be a pain in the a-se but once familiar with, it turns out to be an asset. The guitar never goes out of tune no matter ho much you pull on the tremolo. The only con is I could see the color on the locking nuts and screws wearing off a bit. Yet the guitar hasn't failed me yet and I think it won't any sooner.

Overall, the features are quite excellent and the look of it really does kill on this one. // 10

Sound: I started playing 4 years back. I began with blues back then, then turned onto soft and hard rock, stayed long with it, after now extending my reach to Metal around 8 months back. After buying the guitar I'm glad I even play metal because the guitar's epic for it. Again the smooth slippery fingerboard plays vital importance in this. People complain about the factory pickups a lot. But in my case, the Jackson pair of Humbuckers are doing well. I'd think of changing them later if I'd have the need to.

I play through a Laney LX12 practice amp. The crunch feature on it has surprisingly impressed me and there's always my Boss DS1 distortion to ease on the things. Sometimes, I don't even find the need for distort as the Laney crunch does the job for me. I could hear a noisy feedback when the guitar's full on treble. The guitar has almost produced convincing results for me. It surprised me when I lurked through the settings for a pleasing soft rock reach. Well it did. But the sole play here would be hard rock/metal with the Floyd Rose tremolo on it! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I first played it in the shop and took my time before making my mind for it. The pickups were well adjusted, the bridge right where it has to be. The guitar is well made of (thanks to the China craftsmen for it).

Yes the only flaw as I mentioned is the color wearing off the nuts and screws. But as long as it doesn't affect my playing I have no issues with it. I play on it everyday and when I don't I always keep it out of the cover, and stare at it because it's that sexy.

Summing up, the action is great, fits my style and I have no complains with manufacturers. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Now this is where I have my doubts. I trust the guitar. It is a beauty for live performances. The strap buttons, the never-out-of-tune trait, the perfect action that it gives, all are idol for bringing this live every time. But, the looks of it may be a boon as well a curse for it. The only thing I'm afraid is to lose it's beauty. The nuts are showing way to colors in less a month. I don't have a problem with it but I surely do if it comes to the body and top. All I can do is wait to see the day that I wish would never come. // 9

Overall Impression: My first axe, and am well satisfied with it. Perfect for my style. Great looks, even greater action. Idol for live playing.

It's a Jackson of course. I love almost everything about it. Losing it's color would be the only thing I'd hate. I haven't compared it with any other product lately, as it was my choice from the day I bought it and always will be. This thing really does believe in the saying "first impression is the last impression."

Don't criticize my review until you'd yourself played the guitar. Overall, it did impressed me when I first played it, and it still does. // 10

Comments