JS32R Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: JS32R Dinky

Purchased from: Guitar Center, Manhattan

I tend to play more of metal from the 80s/90s viz. Iron Maiden, Slayer, Megadeth, etc and classic rock; bands like Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, etc. My earlier Ibanez gave me a good sound when connected to my Line 6 Spider III using the Bridge stock pickup. But the neck pickup on that was something to be laughed at. The Jackson on the other hand has an amazing set of stock pickups at both the Bridge and the neck. The tone the Bridge pickup gives on a clean channel is really good. I tend to use only the Bridge pickup when I use distortion and I have felt much more better than when I used my Ibanez.

THUMBS UP! I'd definitely run to the store and get a new one the day I realize I'm not getting it back again incase it gets stolen/broken. Probably a few months later I'd Switch the pickups to EMG or DiMarzio's just for that extra tone punch.

I just got this guitar and haven't had the chance to go live with it yet. But it does look as if it can withstand heavy doses of live performances. I still would carry my backup along with me just in case but I guess over time and looking at this guitar I'm gonna stop doing that too.

I didn't have any issues with the action and finish as I brought it from the Guitar Center store and had them check and set it up for me before I walked out the door.

This guitar is made in India in 2010 and I know for a fact that Indian made guitars are much more better than the Chinese or the Korean ones. Standard 24-fret bolt on maple neck with an Indian rosewood fingerboard. SMOOTH! The Indian Cedro body seems solid enough for a good tone and sounds pretty good without the guitar being plugged into the amp. Dual humbucking stock Jackson pups with a 3-way selector switch. Tone and Volume pots. When I saw this instrument at the store, I was a little skeptical about the double-locking bridge. Plus its a Jackson licensed Floyd rose.I owned an Ibanez GRG270 earlier and the Bridge on that one gave me HELL! I've had this guitar for about 2 months now and I've probably had to just tweak the tuning once in a while. Tuning stays on this one. PERIOD! Best part of the whole deal, it comes with a gig bag. Rating this in comparison to other guitars in the same price range...

kodyk666
    BlackDeath92 wrote: Indian made guitars are much more better than the Chinese or the Korean ones. You've just killed whatever credibility you might have had.
    But he knows it for a FACT!!!!! How can you argue with this logic?
    TheBlackening91
    I don't get why novices feel such a need to switch out pickups, if I were you I wouldn't waste my money on changing the pickups in that thing, everything will sound the same through the amp you're using. At any rate, I'm glad you're enjoying your guitar, although this review isn't going to make me want one.
    Lennon993
    Um well...see the thing is guys, a review is kind of your own personal opinion. If he thought it was good, then respect that, regardless of if he's a "newbie" or not.
    danceandpretend
    Best part of the whole deal, it comes with a gig bag
    That's the best part?! I would hope the best part would be the guitar not the bag it comes with.
    Necrolysis
    I'm not sure about this guitar, and the stability of the trem, but I'm pretty impressed with the stock pickups. They're cvr2 pickups (or something along the line of that name...) and usually are on all of Jackson's entry-level guitars. I use the Jackson Js-30 Dkt Dinky, and the pickups are pretty damned legit considering I paid $190 new for it. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's bad. Don't just hop on another "it's cheap so it sucks" or "line 6 sucks hairy monkey balls" bandwagon...they may not be the best, but give them credit it where it's due...the spider is a hell of alot better than no guitar amp...Some of us can't afford to crank out $700+ for music equipment...and a cheap spider is sometimes all we can get
    mydian
    Funny how people always post comments like changing the pickups won't sound any different on a line 6.. or every guitar sounds the same on a line 6. Funny how I have played over a half dozen guitars with different pickups of course through my line 6 and they all sound different and have their different tonal characteristics. Don't post comments like that unless you know what your talking about instead of joining the hate line 6 band wagon. On topic. The review is ok. I've played this guitar and it seemed like it was worth the price. A bit skeptical on the floyd though.
    doive
    Poor grammar and an unfounded statement... need I read on?
    BlackDeath92
    cruzinstrater12
    I've played a lot of different guitars over the years and I gotta say for an amp spiders arent the best. That being said there okay with distortion, but there clean tones are awful. I would never hook my strat to one but jackson actually does pretty well with them.
    m3ntalrock
    i own this guitar. got it for $329 cause Sam ash store had the wrong price tag (boy was the manager mad. i love it and its one of my favorite guitar i own. the Floyd rose is no trouble...as long as you know what your doing. i would not recommend it for new players