JS32T Kelly review by Jackson

Jackson: JS32T Kelly

Purchased from: Music Theme

I play a lot of heavy music like Thrash Metal, Metalcore, Punk etc. I'd say this guitar gets the job done well. I play the Kelly through a Vox AD30VT and the sound is just magnificent. The stock pickups have a very nice tone. They handle heavy distortion very well and even the clean tones sound great. I haven't tried using the Kelly on a lighter genre like Pop Rock yet but I'm guessing it's mainly meant for more heavier music.

Like I mentioned earlier, I play heavy music and this guitar definitely does the job perfectly. Not only does it look great, but it sounds great too. The fact that it doesn't weigh too heavily is one thing I like about the guitar as I bring my guitars out for jamming sessions and gigs a lot. It was also nice of Jackson to supply a gigbag with the guitar so that I don't have to purchase one for it. I've been playing for about 5 years by now and due to the fact that I've been playing with cheap Deans and Samicks all this time, this guitar definitely feels better to me. Even though I'm more of a Flying V guy, the Kelly feels nice to me as well. If it were stolen, I'd probably get a King V version from the JS series though.

I've only had it about a day but I'd say this guitar can stand constant gigging. It feels very durable to me. The only fear I have is that the paint on the more sharper corners will chip off which is a very common thing for pointy-shaped guitars. The strap buttons feel very secure and since the guitar isn't very heavy, I think that the strap buttons won't fall off too easily. The paint job definitely is well finished so I doubt that they'll wear out anytime soon.

When I went to the shop and picked up the guitar, everything felt great. The action was set nicely, intonation was all right. I don't have to do any adjustments to it. At most, I'd just replace the strings with a new set. The tuner heads feel very firm as well compared to other guitars I've owned.

The JS32T Kelly that I got was made in India. It's got 24 Jumbo frets, two Jackson humbucking pickups, stock Jackson tuner heads, a 3 way pickup selector and one Volume and Tone knob each. The hardware's all chrome and the neck is a bolt-on maple neck with the Standard Shark tooth inlays like most Jacksons have. It also comes with a Jackson gigbag and some wrench for adjusting the truss rod which I feel is nice.

seemeel
    [quote="Reviewer"]I've only had it about a day but I'd say this guitar can stand constant gigging.[/quote] Right... you should probably wait for longer than a day to do your review!
    themelodicdeathshow
    seemeel wrote: [quote="Reviewer"]I've only had it about a day but I'd say this guitar can stand constant gigging.
    Right... you should probably wait for longer than a day to do your review![/quote] +1
    Amuro Jay
    Grimpond wrote: The reviews here are a joke.
    Write your own then, if you think you can do any better.
    SoA_Joseph
    I can vouch for its gigging durability! It held up fantastically while I gigged all last summer. My favorite guitar right now. Got mine for $350 though, you got the ass end of the deal stick, bud
    HoddiDarko
    I have tried these new Js series and they are pretty good. Good backup guitars for example, these pickups are kinda crappy but they are ok I guess. But for nearly 500$, I don't think it deserves 8.8, maybe around 7.5 or 8. Almost 9 seems a bit too high. It would probably be one of my dream guitars to have a guitar just like that, but with neck thru construction and better pickups. Shame that there is no KE5.
    HoddiDarko
    santanic wrote: how does a low-end jackson gets 8.8?
    Like I said. Compared to price... then thats a bit too high number.
    zamir666
    Right... you should probably wait for longer than a day to do your review![/quote] I agree that I was a bit hasty by doing a review after owning the guitar for a short time but I've been playing it for days by now and trust me, it's a great guitar. Definitely a good choice for someone looking for a Jackson guitar on a low-budget
    zamir666
    SoA_Joseph wrote: Got mine for $350 though, you got the ass end of the deal stick, bud
    Dude, over here they'd have to fix the price in account of shipping it in and all that crap. I don't live in America. Hhaha
    Amuro Jay
    From what I've heard, they actually make the JS series out of better wood now than they used to. I guess it'd make a sweet project guitar. I have an old JS30RR, and it's made out of cheap Indian Cedro and the neck is terrible. But the new JS32 series are substantially better.
    guitarmyof1
    Nice man! Thanx for the update and do you know how much they cost? cuz i've been meaning to get one too in gray
    RR3tran
    I like how on Jackson's budget guitars, they completely forgo the Floyd Rose that many Jacksons have for a string-thru body. If I wanted the stability of a string-thru body on a Kelly body shape, is it worth saving up for a more high end Kelly or this?
    killakieran
    now i cant wait for this guitar even more... i was thinkin id get this and probally after a while i would get some better pickups, thx for the cool review..
    givemeajackson
    i got one, it's pretty good. the neck is awesome, i just love the jackson neck. pickups could be better, but for the price i payed(350$) they are more than ok! will put some dimarzios in maybe. but i hate the fact that this is the only kelly without ****in floyd! i have no options between this an custom kellys! will review it soon