JS32T Kelly review by Jackson

Jackson: JS32T Kelly

Price paid: C$ 400

Purchased from: Picker's Alley

Sounds "ok" through my cheap little Line 6 amp, sounded alot better through the Fender tube amp at the store so I'll base my sound review on that. The Standard pickups actually did not sound all that bad, in fact I plan on just leaving it stock, I'm sure some of the Custom pickup connesseurs will disagree but for someone looking for an affordable blue collar guitar that sounds decent off the rack I think this does pretty well. I think I'll save my pennies for a better amp instead of pickups, no pickup swap is gonna make my Line 6 spyder sound any better than it does.

I play mostly metal, for 25 years now, judas priest, maiden, megadeth, even metalcore, all that remains, etc.. Classic rock. It's pretty versatile, was playing "the rover" by zeppelin yesterday and then "bomber" by motorhead. I love the feel and look of the guitar, I've wanted one ever since I saw a pic of Friedman with one as a teenager, 15 to 20 years ago. It's taken me awhile, glad Jackson made a decent cheaper line so working stiffs like me can still have one and put food in our kids mouths. If it were lost or stolen I'd probably go for a rhoads or king v just to change things up though.

I imagine this guitar would do just fine for live playing, which mine won't be however, my wife, kids, cats, dog, friends.. Are all I play in front of my major concern as with alot of pointy/sharp edged guitars is that it is fairly easy to chip the paint on the corners if your not really careful.

My guitar was setup perfect, action, intonation, pickup height was absolutely perfect, although the volume know was loose, the dealer quickly fixed that for me though, I couldn't find any other flaws, no fret buzz or blemish, scratchy pots etc... The colour I picked is "snow white". I believe they come in white, grey, and black.

24 fret string through body shark tooth inlays compound radius neck, thick near the headstock and then flattens out towards the body 1 volume, 1 tone 3 way toggle switch dual humbuckers, Jackson's house brand comes with gig bag, fairly nice one actually, embroidered logos, lots of pockets for tab books, spare packs of strings and whatnot made in india body is indian cedro bolt on neck