JS32T Kelly review by Jackson

Jackson: JS32T Kelly

Price paid: C$ 350

I play mostly metal, might do grunge here and there or alternative but usually metal. The guitar will do what I want it to do pretty well, it doesn't complain. The CVR2's are pretty muddy and would be worth changing. The output isn't too great either, but all in all they work. I would recommend changing them out if you're really trying to find a great tone. The neck is fast and playing this guitar feels great.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the guitar. It does everything I ask of it and it never fails me. I love this thing, and I don't think I would ever get rid of it. If it were lost or stolen, I would definitely buy another Jackson, but probably a King V. It does need some modification to be something truly awesome but even without mods, this guitar is great quality and for the price it's a pretty decent deal as well.

I've had the guitar for maybe a year and a half now and it seems pretty solid but it's age is starting to show. The nut around the jack comes loose pretty often now and the wiring inside is starting to fail. The neck pickup has little to no output at this point, it's useless. The finish is pretty thin and it's starting to chip at the corners and crack in some places. I've never gigged with the guitar, but I'm pretty sure it could do it. I handle the guitar pretty roughly when I play and it can take anything I throw at it (or throw it at).

From the factory, it was set up pretty great. I had to adjust the action a little tiny bit but that wasn't a big deal. The tone control was a little loose but fixing that wasn't a problem either. Everything else was set up pretty decently. No flaws with the finish of the guitar when I bought it. Other than what I mentioned, no problems with it.

Indian made Jackson. Rosewood fingerboard on maple neck, 24 jumbo frets with the sexy Shark tooth inlays. Indian Cedro body, black finish. String-thru body with a Tune-O-Matic style bridge. CVR2 humbuckers with one volume and one tone, three way toggle switch. Jackson tuners. The guitar came with a nice gig-bag, lots of pockets and such, pretty useful.