JS32T Kelly review by Jackson

Jackson: JS32T Kelly

Price paid: € 290

Purchased from: Somusica

I am proud to say that my heart has metal'ish roots. But I am also proud to tell that I love all genres of music. Jackson Kelly is absolutely "suitable" for metal. As we know, Jackson guitars are natural and obviously made for these alternative genres, to sound wild but always firm. The distortion is perfect and enchanting. I can tell it sounds really good and bright. If you want to play jazz or blues, it won't disappoint you, but I alert you for the fact of the way it sounds. You won't get that bright shiny sound... You may try every single amplifier or effects. It won't do it. This means Jackson Kelly is not that dynamic, but if you are a metal / hard rock lover, you will have a perfect buddy there.

Kelly is a good match for metal and all the variants, what is the thing I usually play. I like to use it with my amplifier - which is a Peavey Vypyr 75 - that is equipped with 3 "magic" buttons: stompboxes, effects & amp. Each of them has a variety of options that you can combine the way you want. That is awesome, because you get a huge amount of footswitches and effects inside your amplifier! It is very interesting to try new things or get just the right sound for the song you will play. The shape of Jackson Kelly is very comfortable and let's you rest your hands. It is not too heavy or too light. It's just perfect. Something I wish it had... Probably the floyd rose feature.

Jackson Kelly is a guitar for us to go through thunder and flames! It has a strong structure and perfectly withstands live playing as many other things. If you take care of it, it will surely last long. I is not deceiving. Kelly has the shape of an axe... That tells you everything! Love it and she will serve you well.

Everything was on its place when I got it. Sometimes the pickup switcher loses the connection when I change the position, but the seller warned me when I bought it, so it may be an imperfection of one of them. I am giving an 8 because I don't think it's fair to punish the classification due to that imperfection. It is probably just mine.

- Made in India - 24 fret neck with a broad playing surface & jumbo frets (that offers a very comfortable playing experience, specially for metal lovers) - 25-1/2" scale maple neck - Neck joint: bolt-on - Fingerboard radius: compound 12"-16" - Solid body made of alder wood - Finish: gloss, gun metal grey - Body style: Kelly (JS32T) - from Jackson Bloodline - No neck bindings - Moto Shark fin white inlays - Bridge style: tune-a-matic stop string thru - Controls: volume, tune, 3-way toggle pickup switch - Pickups: 2 Jackson humbuckers - Included accessories: Jackson gig bag

Simple Jack
    @givemeajackson - great review, very balanced and unbiased (despite your obvious love of Jacksons). Some of the others who posted reviews on this guitar would do well to take note.