JS32T King V review by Jackson

Jackson: JS32T King V

Purchased from: Chandler's Music

I play mostly metal, meaning a lot of 80's shred, and more modern metal like Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine, and Some core style stuff like The Devil Wears Prada. I've found at least usable tones for all of these genres. I've also used it for rock like the white stripes. It is a very versatile guitar for the money. The pickups will most likely be replaced soon. I'm considering Seymour Duncan Livewires.

Its a very good guitar for metal. I pick it up and it makes me want to relearn all the old Mega Deth riffs! It just screams 80's metal, but it woul work well in many genres. I've already used it for metal, classic rock, and a bit of blues. There is a nice full clean sound I like. Really stable guitar with tuning and for performances. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive metal axe. This will last you as long as you need it. Definitely worth the money. I would replace it if something happened, but maybe someting with a trem. I chose this one on looks...but it worked out. I LOVE the Jackson profile neck. Its already improved my technique.I would tell every one to try it out. Great for such a low price. NOTE: I'm ranking this as a $300 guitar, not with all guitars in general!

Well, having only had it a week, I can't really comment here. It seems like its gonna be a really solid axe though. I would use it as my main guitar no problem. There s a bit of a neckdive problem, but the strap buttons are solid as can be. The finish seems like it will hold up for a long time, and it doesn't seem to scratch easily. Nice over all. I give it a 6 cuz only time wll tell over all.

Well, I got it from a store, and it was set up pretty well. I raised the action I tiny bit and got it feeling the way I wanted it. There were no sharp frets, dead notes, or anything of that nature, which surprised me considering its a low end instrument. Very good Craftmanship here.

I'm reviewing the new JS32T King V from Jackson. I got it free in an even trade for an old PRS SE I never use and didn't want (so please don't try to tell me what a bad deal I got). It has a 24 fret, bolt on maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. It has the two stock Jackson humbuckers, with a three way switch, volume knob and tone knob. It is also string through body. It has the sharkfin inlays. Over all it looks like a metal beast =). I traded for it with a gig bag. I believe I got a good deal. I couldnt find what kind of wood it is made from, but I imagine it is some sort of alder.

dojo_92
    i wont just randomly say that you were stupid in trading your PRS for a jackson but i would like to know your reason. atleast solely on pricing, the PRS is about twices its price and it has pretty good pickups. might i know why you traded the PRS? id assume u can also get a good metal tone out of a prs.. but good review!
    themelodicdeathshow
    Man i would have def kept the prs unless it was alll messed up lol jackson js series isnt that great,ive played this guitar at my shop and its def a low end model!
    bassboy92
    give the guy a break if he wanted to get a jackson its his money his guitar then let him but u could have probably gotin a better model but who cares if he likes it then thats all that matters its his guitar
    roarkking
    well, i might put a couple hundred tops. All im changing are the tuners and pickups. I gave it a six for reiability because I havent had it long enough to ell so it could go either way. could last forever or a couple of months. And as i said, i bought it because I like he neck and the way the fretboard feels. I tried a RR3 and didnt like it. Fretboard felt like it had realy cheap rosewood on it, esecially when I tried playing on higher fres. Same for a Warrior i played in he same price range as the RR3. I really like he neck, playability and feel. And not saying PRS are bad, just not for me over all. Enjoy yours if you have one.
    EpiExplorer
    Seref wrote: *ur chickens. Herro prease.
    I think you mean, 'some core stuff like KSE, BFMV and TDWP'.
    roarkking
    thanks man. I do see why people would be Skeptical as to why I made the the trade, and I understand, but I think I got the best deal I could.
    roarkking
    haha sorry, but I know people would hate if I just called it metal. Not trying to start a genre argument lol
    EdguyRule_22
    SilentString wrote: i swear to god if anyone uses the term "core" after anything...
    lol
    roarkking
    Thanks for the tip man. Im definitley gonna look into them. Just gotta save amp and sell my old amp once I get my new amp in a few weeks.
    Amuro Jay
    Tom Ak40 wrote: if you play metal , why dont you get Seymour duncan blackouts?
    Because LiveWires are pretty damn metal without being so brutal that you lose the ability to do anything else. These new JS32 Jacksons are the same thing as the JS30s, just with fancy inlays. Also, JS series Jacksons are made of Indian Cedro wood, if anyone wants to know. And roarkking, the DAVE MUSTAINE set is pretty nice.
    fenderarmy
    EpiExplorer wrote: Seref wrote: *ur chickens. Herro prease. Haaay, dont be racist nao. And dude, you traded a PRS for THIS? ...I seriously dont know what you were sniffin'. Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine, and Some core style stuff like The Devil Wears Prada I think you mean, 'some core stuff like KSE, BFMV and TDWP'.
    roarkking
    Idk. I prolly will. I have two guitars with EMGs already so im trying to avoid those. Ive heard good things about those though. I was also considering the Dave Mustaine LiveWires set. Just a thought.
    roarkking
    yeah, its somewhat close in looks, which is pretty cool. It plays their stuff amazingly well, im suspecting it will get even better when I put new pickups in it. Its pretty much the same shape as padge's ESP.
    Farid Macleod
    leave this guy alone !!! he's not saying he made the best deal ever , he's talkin' about the guitar he likes , and shares his opinion with us ! and jackson guitars are f... reliable ! even the lowx end model , i got a JS20 since 1998 and no bad surprise !! then i got my kelly KE3 because i love Jackson guitars neck!! keep on rockin dude ;
    roarkking
    Not really. The guitar would have been around $330. My PRS only went for around $300 used if it was in really good condition. It evens out
    kodadak
    It would've been better to sell the PRS for cash, you could've still bought the guitar and would've had some cash left over
    megano28
    roarkking wrote: Hey. I posted the review. I am on a friends account at the moment. I traded the PRS Santana cuz if you have done your research like me, then you would know that a used model goes for around $300 tops. I havent found a shop that would give me a better deal. And the main reason I traded the PRS is feel. It just didnt feel good in my hands. I know people think PRS guitars are just amazing, but it didnt feel right to me. Also, the pickups were to weak to get metal tones out of. I intended it for more of a rock guitar but i didnt like it. I also traded because the neck on this guitar felt amazing in my hands. Im buying locking tuners and prolly some Duncans to put in. Thank you for the replys though
    I'm sorry but I never understood why people buy such low end guitars and then spend hundreds trying to mod them. "Polish a turd, it is still a turd!" With the 400+ dollars you were going to put into the lowest end model you could of bought the next level v, the kvx or something.
    jhart08
    oh yeah the dude writing all of these buy my f**king shoes just registered today...he'll be gone pretty quick
    jhart08
    I bought a PRS SE 24 and I love it, but you gotta go with what feels right for you. Good review, but as far as a six goes on the reliability i woulda waited a little longer, cause it may suprise you one way or the other. Good review though. I want to try one out in thet rhoads edition, just cause i like the ofset v a little better.
    roarkking
    Serioulsy! GTFO the review forums! Can someone get a mod to ban this guy? This is B.S. ^