JS32T King V review by Jackson

Jackson: JS32T King V

Price paid: C$ 358

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

The guitar suits my musical style quite well, which is mainly metal but I do dable in other sorts of genres and sounds. I was very surprised at how nice the clean tones were when I got the guitar. Essentially it is a metal guitar. Its a Jackson King V, come on. Its got a fairly decent metal tone but always could be better because of the Standard Jackson pickups that come with it. Personally I'd rather some sort of EMG combo. There is a bit of static noise when you don't touch the guitar with the distortion turned on but thats almost expected for a guitar at that price. Just a grounding issue that can be easily fixed. The guitar can pretty much make any sound you want it to I suppose. Except fairly advanced stuff obviously. But you do get a nice full sound depending on the amp model. Very good cleans, good resonance. Just splash on some reverb and any other effect and you get very nice cleans. As for distortion? Thats you're personally preference. I like what this guitar gives me. I just wish I didn't have a Spider 3 amp haha. Next amp = Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier.

The aggressive style of music I play matches this equally aggressive looking and sounding guitar. I've only been playing for about 2 years and learned everything myself, no lessons. Currently my finances only allow me this guitar and my Line 6 amp but in the future I will have a MUCH better setup. I don't wish I asked anything, I just wished I had have tried it out in the store so they could have fixed the minor issues right away. If it we're stolen I definitely would buy another, its a great price for a pretty good guitar. I like pretty much everything about it. The feel, the tones, the look, everything. Some things I do hate is the static noise but thats normal and easy to fix. Favorite feature has to be the action of the strings, very surprised it was set so low. I basically just compared it to the older version of it and it is a BIG upgrade especially looks wise. Its a crime for a Jackson not to have sharkfin inlays. But feel wise, its also a big improvement. I chose it because I'm a V guy, no other guitar feels right. Probably will always play a V in some form or another. I just wish it was a KV2 King V. :D

I haven't tested the guitar live yet but I imagine it'll hold up just fine. Its brand new. Pretty durable. Hardware looks great. No defects or anything like that, it all works great. I feel I can depend on it pretty well. Jackson have always made great products. Definitely would just it without a backup. Its called improvising if something happens. Finish looks well done, but ANY finish will chip off or get marked if you abuse it enough.

The action was VERY low for a brand new guitar for this price. At the highest its about 3 mm and that's basically only on the 24th fret. The pickups are adjusted and placed nicely to go along with the lower action. Everything seems to be routed properly and in working order. The guitar did contain a few flaws when I got it home. NOTHING major though. The intonation wasn't set right, which I will fix once I get the proper screw driver. Simple. And the pot for the volume knob was burnt or something. Either way, the volume knob didn't turn the volume down, it was more or less a extra tone knob, very strange. But I've got it fixed now and the volume goes up and down fine. Also I am going to try to get some shielding inside the guitar to stop the majority of the static noise. Other than a few quality control issues, the guitar is great.

This guitar was made in 2010. A brand new Jackson King V from the Bloodline. It was made in Korea I believe, not too sure though because I don't have it here with me right now. Its got 24 frets on the neck, I'm not a big fan of guitars that don't. They just feel short and like they are missing something. But anyway. The body of the guitar is Alder as far as I know, that seems to be the Standard with Jackson guitars anyway so its a good assumption. The neck is a bolt on maple neck with a Rosewood fretboard I believe. Again, pretty basic stuff. I purchased my particular model in basic black. None more black? Eh? The bridge is a string through body design which I'm actually pretty fond of because its so easy to restring the guitar. But I'll have to make the leap someday and get a tremolo system too. Again very basic set up with volume knob, tone knob and 3 way pick up selector switch. Jackson CVR2 pickups. Standard Jackson tuners, non-locking. It was nice that Jackson through in a sweet gig bag for free, very nice stuff and heavy duty too!

MarkoakaNiggaK
    for those ones who have trouble with static noise...raise the height of action on the hgher strings and simply cut off the middle on jour amp(just turn the middle down to a minimum)...
    Bazookajoe_666
    Not the greatest idea in the world for the static noise. It comes from the electronics not being wired overly well. You fix that by getting some SHIELDING inside the guitar.....
    roarkking
    ok, its been a a month and here's what i think. Pickups pretty much HAVE to be changed. way too muddy and bassy for distorted tones. Im not a huge fan of the neck anymore. i feel like i make more mistakes than on my C-7 Hellraiser. It would be great for a beginner, or someone use to the Jackson neck profile, but idk if its for me. it might be getting traded to fund a new amp (or rent). its nice to have around, but i dont think i would miss it too much.
    Knop444
    Has Jackson fixed the output-jack conncetor problem on these newer JS32 models? My friend has a JS30RR and the jack-connector is in the down wing. I know that in the JS32 floyd model it is in the upper horn or wing. But how about these String-Thru's ???
    banrnon
    they changed the jack placement so its flush with the top wing. as well as with the rhoads js32t. personally i love stream thru guitars they're extremely easy to restring. i wish the guitar had an option of coming with better pickups though...