JS32T King V review by Jackson

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Jackson: JS32T King V

Purchased from: Paul Bothner

When I plugged it in the first time (metal muff-->peavy bandit112) it sounded rather shit, the pickups did not have a lot of output, my old Ibanez adx 120 had much more output with its stock pickups. I play death metal, grindcore and shred. The pickups didn't fit my style, the guitar had some weird static noise that it made when you don't touch it and yeah its noisy when I play on full gain. Too solve the problems I replaced the pickups with Seymour Duncan blackouts, and got a Boss ns2 noise reduction pedal. Now the guitar is killer! Its a cheap guitar and I'm poor, but it plays great and sounds great with the new pickups. With the old electronics the guitar can make nice static sounds. Now it can make awesome metal tones that sounds great for rhythm or lead (depending on you amp, pedals and the way you play obviously).

I play death metal, grindcore and do the whole shredding thing, the guitar is perfect for what I play. I have been playing for six years now. I wish I bought a better guitar but I live in South Africa were shit is realy expensive. I love the low action and the shape of the guitar. If it were stolen I would be realy pissed because I love my Seymour Duncan blackouts, don't care much about the guitar I just want the pickups back. I wish it had a mahogany body and better hardware and came with better electronics.

If my guitar was still with stock electronics there is no way in hell that I wil go play live with it. The bridge seems like it wil last but looks a bit cheap, I wil replace it soon. The strap buttons are realy solid. I wil take it to a gig without backup now that I upgraded the pickups. Only time wil tell if the finish wil last.

The setup was OK, had to give it a proper setup after I changed the strings to 56-11 gauge. I suppose the pickups were adjusted OK maybe a little to low. Yes the guitar did contain flaws, noisy electronics and my toggle Switch cuts my signal now and then when I Switch to the neck pickup.

It was made in 2010 in India. it has a 24 fret bolt on maple & rosewood neck, the body is made from Indian cedro. Mine had a black finnish, te bodu style is a "v" shape (duh). The bridge is tune o matic and the guitar is string through. It came with passive electronics, 1 volume, 1 tone, 3 way toggle. It has a H H pickup configuration, 2 Jackson "high output" cvr2 pickups. Plain jaclson tuners. The guitar came with a heavy duty gig bag and all the usual tools for adjusting the neck and bidge.