JS32T King V review by Jackson

Jackson: JS32T King V

It doesn't suit my music style. This guitar is made for shredders, and I don't play a lot of metal anymore. Again, one of the things my drummer kept gathering dust on his house. The pickups sound very well with the overdrive coming from the MG100HFX Marshall that I use with my band, although I would prefer active pickups for it. No noise coming from it in any setting, the cleans are actually poor and natural harmonics don't ring as much as needed, on the otherside artificial harmonics from the Bridge pup scream very well. Not a lot of variety of sounds from it, only good for any kind of metal, but I would recommend some active pickups for the best power.

This is not a good match for me, but it is not my guitar, I play it but it belongs to my drummer. For any shredder out there, it can be a good companion, although it lacks a floating Bridge such as a Floyd Rose, so it works best for a rythm guitar. I've played for six years now, and I own some mid quality guitars and a Tele, I don't play too much metal anymore, so I don't use this guitar a lot, and also I hate the body, you can't play with it while being on a seat, so it is not for taking or giving lessons. I wish it had a floating bridge, some active pickups, I don't know, if I played more metal, that's what I would like to have on a guitar.

It is too uncomfortable for me, but it would definetely withstand live usage, it has received lots of chips and dents but nothing to worry about. Hardware is not rusty yet, after being used only a little, and the strap buttons are really cool, they're very big and so won't fail. I would use it in a gig with a good backup guitar if I were a shredder, but I'm not.

As far as I know, it came very well from the factory, as a string-thru body guitar, it was setup very well, but now, after years of loneliness it feels quite well, I only had to adjust the pickups, the bridge, and the knobs. It has a lot of flaws in the edges, but that is from the use it has received, the strings keep feeling too hard although I have already restringed it and adjusted the action and the neck.

Made in 2005 in India. It feautures 24 frets on a jumbo rosewood fretboard. Body is made of indian cedro, bolt-on neck is made of maple with an indian rosewood fretboard. Finish is satin, mine is red. Sharp-edged flying "V" body style. It has a String-thru body bridge. 2 passive Jackson CVR high-output covered humbucking pickups. Chrome Jackson hardware. No accesories as far as I know.

Bxesparty
    Camron62\m/ wrote: sick guitar! just give it a floyd rose tremolo and i'd get it.
    can't put a floyd rose on that unless you get some cutting done to fit the brigde. could probably mess it up but idk lol.
    tristan_deity
    The older i get the more i think to myself "why did i used to like these spikey guitars?" It used to be 'the spikkyer the better' lol. Now i just like a nice strat or PRS. that guy was crazy for trading his PRS in.
    TST2469
    I must have 1!! Only thing is i'd prefer to use a flyod rose! Just becuase they F***ing insanely awesome!!
    zazzybob
    I went out and got one of these as a backup el-cheapo guitar that I could detune/retune without the hassles of the Floyd Rose on my DBZ Venom. It took a couple of days to get used to the neck, but overall I'm really impressed with it. For 300 bucks you can't complain. Put it through a decent amp and some effects it sounds fine but yeah a little muddy on the low end but for the price I'm really happy.
    Spartan Cowman2
    jesse1994
    Spartan Cowman2 wrote: Yes or no, should i get this as a second guitar? I have the money and love Megadeth and Metallica.
    If you got a good distortion pedal then yes.
    ZombicidalMan
    I bought this guitar for metal, but I honestly feel like it's 100X better at cleans. I was playing Megadeth and such bands, and hey, it was pretty good. Decent metal tone. Then I switched to Genesis, Pink Floyd, post-y stuff like Sigur Ros and GY!BE... blew me away. Just my two cents.