JS32T King V review by Jackson

Jackson: JS32T King V

Price paid: A$ 300

Purchased from: Cash Converters

I play Thrash and Black Metal and this guitar suits the music that I play. At the moment, I use a Fender FM 212R amplifier, and a Zoom G1X multi-effects pedal. As soon as I brought this beauty of a guitar I plugged it into my amp and pedal, and played "The Call Of Ktulu" by Metallica, followed by "Black Magic" by Slayer. It has that old Thrash Metal sound we all know and love. I have also played some Black Metal with my Jackson, with songs such as "Tormentor Of Christian Souls" by Dimmu Borgir, "Forhekset" by Satyricon plus a variety of songs by Nargaroth, Darkthrone etc, including some of my own stuff. The guitar has a great sound with distortion and a nice clean crisp tone on clean mode.

For the music that I play, this guitar is almost perfect for me. I've been playing guitar for about 8 years now. I also own a Gibson Les Paul, Gibson EDS-1275, LTD EX-50 and a Harlem LTD F series copy, I love them all and I am quite proud to have introduced the Jackson JS32T King V to my growing guitar family. I have always admired Jackson Guitars, particularly the King V and the Rhoads models. This is actually the 1st time I have played on a Jackson Guitar, overall, I am impressed with the product. Beautiful guitar, I would recommend it to anyone who plays Metal.

I find this guitar to be quite suitable for live performances, the hardware is fine, strap buttons have remained tight since I purchased it. Seems like a dependable Guitar to play at a gig, for those fast heavy songs.

Though I purchased this guitar second hand, it had a great finish, looked brand new without a mark or scratch on it. For a low end guitar, this beauty has not let me down other than the output jack which has come loose so many times. I haven't hit a dead note since I have had the guitar. The pickups were adjusted fine.

I am writing this review for the Jackson JS32T King V. I had recently found this beauty hanging on the wall of my local cash converters for $300. Though second hand, it looked (still does) feel brand new. Not a scratch on it. The guitar features a 24 fret compound radius fingerboard made from Indian rosewood and also features the famous sharkfin inlays. The neck is a bolt-on, made from Maple and the body itself is made out of Indian cedro with chrome hardware. Other features on this Guitar are the CVR high-output, standard Jackson humbuckers and an adjustable string-through-body bridge.