JS32T Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: JS32T Rhoads

Price paid: £ 249.99

Purchased from: Millennium music

Pickups sounds great for metal, they give a properly heavy sound, came with .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042 strings, but I quickly restrung mine with some D'Addario Medium top X-heavy bottoms (11, 14, 19, 32, 44, 56) which are great for heavier stuff, as the guitar is permanantly in Drop C tuning. Sounds good on any amp, and is great for pinch harmonics

I mainly play metal, varying from older thrash to modern metalcore, and it sounds amazing. I also own a Cort G Series, this guitar is a huge improvement for my playing style. There isn't anything I don't like about it, apart from the fact it's uncomfortable sit with. The one thing I would change about it would be change the pickups to some active ones, although this would increase price. Overall a very good guitar, I recommend it to anyone who plays metal (:

Have had no problems with pickups, the hardware is absolutely fine, very lightweight so using on stage is fine. Guitar feels solid and well made.

The only problem I had was a loose screw at the back of the body which took about 3 seconds to fix. The volume and tone knob become loose quite quickly, but this is easily fixed with the screw at the side.

24 Jumbo Frets, Bolt on maple neck, String Thru Body, 2 Jackson CVR2 Humbuckers. Came with a Jackson Gig bag.

GenerationKILL
    Good entry level guitar, especially since you're going from a Cort... Keep progressing and you'll find that this Jackson series will start inhibiting your playing, and you'll want something better made... Sit with the V shape balanced on one leg, playing it like a classical guitar, and you'll find its not awkward to sit down with at all, (other than the location of the patch cord jack) Good starter guitar.
    Good_Lord
    No.Far from it,simply because it's a extreme body shape.
    When you know how to sit correctly , wich is pretty easy to learn , V's are pretty comfy. Rhoads are even better comfort wise because of the shorter lower wing. And by the way , the classical position , in my case , helped preventing back pain and gived my left hand better placement for palm muting.
    krvolok
    GenerationKILL wrote: Good starter guitar.
    No.Far from it,simply because it's a extreme body shape.
    MilindaX
    I wan't to buy it. But not too sure at the moment. Any recommendations for a decent amp? Nothing too big. Personal practice sessions. Budget would be max 250$ for amp. I really like Marshall. Dunno much about others. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks guys!
    brunopastor
    escapekarma wrote: I might be getting this but not sure whether to get it with Floyd Rose or not. Help?
    Ebay, there are plennty of it..
    pankar94
    I dont play and i dont like metal music but i like this guitar shape.should i buy it?
    Schofey
    Yeah he just meant he keeps his guitar tuned to drop C...but .056 for drop C? Must make bends very difficult with so much tension in the strings. My band plays in drop B and I use .052
    nerbwalk3r
    what do you mean by "as the guitar is permanantly in Drop C tuning"? does that means that i cant tune my guitar to the standard E???
    He probably meant that he isn't gonna change the tuning, ofcourse you can change the tuning lol..
    spicyshooter
    MetallicArtcell
    I have the js32 Rhoads(Same to this except the floyd rose bridge) and it really is Superb for the money.I'd recommend it to any guitarist from beginner to intermediate level.
    MegadethFan18
    I like V's best for sitting down my first guitar was a Les Paul body and I used to sit it on the "Wrong" leg (Sat it on my left leg to play right handed). When I got my RR it was like a Godsend.
    escapekarma
    idontgiveafuk
    i've owned a few v's including jackson king v's and rhoads models never had a problem sitting with any of em you get used 2 it same as anything, and god forbid if you gotta stand lmao XD it's just about preference really if u dont like a v get a strat or something!
    GenerationKILL
    krvolok wrote: GenerationKILL wrote: Good starter guitar. No.Far from it,simply because it's a extreme body shape.
    As I was saying, sit with the V part balanced on one leg and play it classically. Its also a good position for your fretting hand because your wrist isn't crooked awkwardly
    CydoniaKnight95
    Yeah my first guitar was a Jackson V body shape and it's fine The fact that this has a good sound, will last, and doesn't have any Floyd Rose or whammy bridge which complicates changing strings and affects tuning makes it a good starter guitar Btw how's the clean sound on this?
    HoddiDarko
    I like sitting with a Jackson King V but sitting with a Rhoads bugs me a lot, sold my RR5 because of it. But these new JS Jackson's are great for metal beginners and others who are a few years into their playing. I would use one as a backup guitar if I didn't have 4 jacksons already.
    CFH-For-Life
    Hey we kinda do the same thing for strings, except i do regular skinny-top heavy-bottom strings going .10 .13 .17 .30 .42 .52, love it.