JS32T Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: JS32T Rhoads

I play mainly metal, all sorts, from the harshest to the lightest, especially death metal and doom metal, and this guitar is versatile enough to deal with my playing and musical preferences. The stock pickups give a proper heavy sound, fitted for any metal music, and delivers a good clean tone, a move on the tone control will give you a bluesy tone. I use this guitar on a Cube 40XL practice amp, the sound is blowing me every time I play, the sound is like 80's thrash metal, and if I'm using my DigiTech Death Metal pedal, on my Marshall jcm2000, it delivers a cannibal corpse like sound. This guitar inherited the trademark sound of its predecessors. This guitar is perfect for beginners and intermediate players who loves playing metal.

Like I mentioned awhile ago, I play mainly play metal, and this guitar is very versatile for every metal music that I play. For my 5 years of playing, I've already played different guitars for metal, and I think what I have right now is piece of marvel and Legend from Jackson. Actually, I came in the this music shop to buy a Yamaha PAC120H, it has 2 humbuckers with alnico V magnets, and then I saw this gorgeous guitar, I immediately ask for it, and without any doubt, bought it with excitement, I can't wish anything for it, I don't want to deal restringing floyd rose bridges and I don't to imitate someone's sound by buying his signature guitar, I just want my own sound, and this guitar defines me and my sound. I really love its finish, its so smooth and the Rhoads style kept me looking at it everytime. The Only thing I hate about it is the single tone control, but that's just a little inconvenience and I can deal about it, I wish it came with a straplock though, lol.

Playing live without a backup should be avoided, if a string snapped, you're done. This guitar will defenitely withstand live playing like all its predecessors, I use it along with an Ibanez XPT300, I love this one as my main guitar. I had it for only 3 weeks, and I think the hardware and the finish will last for a long time, and will definitely withstand the test of time, I'm using a Fender strap and I think the strap buttons are solid enough for this thing. The paint is very shiny and thick, so it will endure all scratches due to hard playing, but of course, with proper care and maintenance, this guitar will keep its finish for a long time.

Mine came of the factory ready to kill, butcher, and slaughter all other guitars in its price range, the pickups are well adjusted, the action is perfect, it stays in tune for a long time, and it can be tweaked easily if you want, like for playing in drop C. Mine doesn't have any flaws, soundwise and physical wise, wiring is good, no noise while switching pickup selector, no noise as well in all pickup positions, bridge is properly routed, a nice entry level guitar all in all, hmmm, doesn't look like an entry level guitar if you'll ask me though.

I'm not sure when this guitar was made, but I'm pretty sure its made in India, it has 24 jumbo frets and rosewood fingerboard and maple compound radius neck, Solid top, I got mine in black, (it also comes in different colors: Inferno red and gun metal grey), Rhoads body made from Indian cedro wood (pretty good, so imagined the wood as some sort of alder), fixed TOM bridge string through body, 2 Jackson CVR2 humbucking pickups, 3way blade selector, master tone and master volume control, Jackson non-locking tuners, Gig bag included.

vtypeslaughter
    I dont play metal but i like the shape.should i buy it? its ok if your practicing at home, but if you're an active musician and playing in gigs, erm, its a little awkward, you know. Why buy a wicked instrument if you don't play wicked music? Take it as an advise
    TenaciousCarrot
    The shape really takes getting used to, it's not that comfortable sitting down, though the neck is pretty amazing Not a very tonal guitar though (the quality of the indian cedro) and the pickups are crap. I've had one for a year and one of the corners has chipped but thats down to me being careless D: But all in all a good metal guitar (if you change the pickups)