JS32T Warrior review by Jackson

Jackson: JS32T Warrior

Purchased from: Carpenter's World of Music

I play a lot of Metal, and this guitar holds its own. I use a Line 6 UX2 to go with the guitar. I don't notice a lot of additional noise while paying. The sound is very "Metal, offering a lot of treble and mid-range punch. It also sounds fairly decent on a clear channel. This guitar can make any sound that anything else will with a tremolo, EXCEPT for divebombs. The tremolo is not a floating variety.

I play a lot of Metal. This guitar fits the bill perfectly. I've been SERIOUSLY playing guitar for around 2.5 years now. I also own other high-quality instruments, such as a Custom Warmoth guitar, and USA-made Fender Telecaster Plus. I normally use a Line 6 UX2 while playing. I can't think of anything I wish I had asked prior to purchasing this guitar. I love that the beefy neck feel, and the surprising comfort whether sitting or standing, despite its radical shape. I also love its radical shape, and its sound. The string tension is a little bit tight, despite switching from the factory .010 gauge to .009 gauge strings. I also wish the tremolo was of floating variety. I don't hate anything in particular about this guitar. I don't have a particularly favorite feature about this guitar. It feels solid, plays and sounds nicely, and is just a very enjoyable instrument to play. When I purchased this guitar, I wasn't even considering a Jackson of any type. I went to the store with the intention of purchasing a Gibson Epiphone Les Paul Standard. I came across a Jackson Kelly (JS32), which is a guitar I like, and decided to play it. I liked it better than the Epiphone Les Paul. Then, I spotted the Jackson Warrior (JS32), and fell in love with it before I even had it plugged in for 5 minutes. I took it home with me. The only things I wish it had were a "real" Floyd Rose tremolo which was of the floating variety, and slightly looser string tension. A better factory setup would have been nice, too.

I'm not sure whether this guitar will withstand live playing, but I don't see why it wouldn't. The hardware isn't fancy, but in my opinion, it isn't of poor quality, either. The strap buttons are solid. I have confidence in them, but I would suggest strap locks. I certainly think this guitar would be dependable to use on a gig without a backup. The finish doesn't seem any worse than the finish on any other guitar.

The factory setup was okay at best. I've spent a total of around 2-3 hours tweaking things like the tremolo claw, string action, and string tension. The pickups were adjusted fine. I haven't had any problems with them. The Bridge was properly aligned and routed. All of the hardware appears to be of decent quality. The guitar looks like the brand new guitar it is.

- Made in 2010 or 2011 - 24 jumbo frets - solid top - basswood body, rosewood neck - "star" body shape - Jackson "licensed by Floyd Rose" bridge/tremolo - active electronics - volume, tone, 3-way selector - 2 Jackson humbuckers - Jackson tuning keys - gig bag, allen wrenches, owners manual (a card with info) included

megadethfan 666
    To all the people talking bad about Jackson being owned by fender there a tons o people who would destroy you in a guitar battle in a second that use fender for example Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, john 5(Rob Zombie), Yngwie Malmsteen, Eric Clapton,and Pete Townshend(the who). And don't go by the picture this guitar looks great in reel life.
    Keaster_Jay
    Metallica use ESP.
    Kirk Hammett has a Jackson Rhodes he plays all the time too he doesnt just use esp.
    megadethfan 666
    to all the people saying that this guitar is ugly it looks way better in reel life. and when u decide to grow a pair and try this you will find that for the price it is a great guitar.
    BrianDeuel
    The^Unforgiven wrote: Darth_Pietrus wrote: Isnt this just an ibanez xiphos? Jackson made Warriors before Ibanez made Xiphoses IIRC, and in any case, the original "inspiration" for the Warrior came to Jackson from B.C Rich's Stealth model, which was used amongst other by Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P) of Death.
    I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed the Chuck connection. R.I.P. indeed...
    Jackie Lawless
    yeah, i like odd shaped guitars.... but this ones just plain ugly.... and you've only been playing a year and a half.... go to guitar center, pick up a Gibson les paul standerd, plug in to the first marshall you see. you'll learn Quick what quality is. and it definitely isnt this.
    dwilliamw94
    Fredric Chopin wrote: I ordered it from Fender ...Wat?
    fender bought Jackson guitars a couple years ago
    st-michael
    Im_Broken
    st-michael wrote: MetalHeadMat wrote: adj209 wrote: HoddiDarko wrote: Freemanz wrote: Metallica use ESP. Hetfield was one of the first to use the Jackson King V, and Kirk has a custom shop RR that he used a lot. Not sure if he uses it anymore tho. Hetfield was not one of the first to use a King V. Dave Mustaine was. IT was Mustaine who popularised it anyway. Ya, but James Hetfield had one BEFORE Dave. Also, Kirk has a bunch of Rhoads which serial numbers date back to the 80's. Actually Robin Crosby from RATT was the 1st to use a king V. His knickname was King, hence king V.
    pretty sure it was called King V because its was pointier and better than a Flying V. but i'd prefer a Xiphos, if I was gonna go this direction
    Pingis_Or_Death
    Good_Lord wrote: Jackson are owned by Fender. Because everything made by Fender sucks, right hurr durr. That made me shiver ... Luckily most Jackson's guitars look better than any Fender.
    lifetaker1000
    i shall never look as jackson the same way again.....
    crackjunior1
    Oh my god, I thought I had a badass metal guitar... I own a freakin' FENDER?!!
    TheBlackening91
    Spartan101400
    TheBlackening91 wrote: lifetaker1000 wrote: DeathMagneticX wrote: Fredric Chopin wrote: I ordered it from Fender ...Wat? Jackson are owned by Fender. i shall never look as jackson the same way again..... By extension are Charvel owned by Fender too? I'm not all that into guitar brands and their history
    Yes, Charvel is also owned by Fender.