JS35RR Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: JS35RR Rhoads

Purchased from: GuitarGuitar

The sound of the guitar with the stock pickups was decidedly mediocre, and would probably get by in most styles music, without being that good at any of them, however, anyone slightly serious guitarist buying this I would reccomend to buy some replacement pickups to suit your style, I put a Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge and now am very happy with the sound. The guitar is okay when it comes to versatility, flicking on both pickups creates a nice clean tone when the volume is rolled down to about 7.

I play a decent slice of musical styles, from rock and roll, to a bit of blues, to a lot of metal and this guitar suites those styles down to the ground. I have played guitar for abour four and a half years, although three of those were spent playing classical very badly and not really practising, so one and a half years of properly working at electric guitar. I have a Stagg (don't slag the Stagg), PRS copy, which I like to play so long as it isn't plugged in, as the pickups are atrocious. I use a Boss DS-2 and Dunlop Wylde Crybaby into a crappy Aslin Dane practise amp. If the guitar was stolen then the bastard would be getting battered, if it was lost then I'd probably not buy another of the same simply because I've had enough of the shape. I wish this guitar had an official floyd rose and came with seymour duncans. Both my favourite and least favourite features are the shape, which is eyecatching and you will love for the first few months, you then grow out of it, and it is one of the most irritating things about the guitar. Overall though, for 250 as a 2nd/3rd guitar, why not?

I have the gigged this guitar many times and never had a problem. The hardware is pretty damn solid and the strap buttons pretty big, although any gigging guitarist should really be using some kind of strap locks. The finish is good enough, it has worn at parts where I consistently hammer it into things, but otherwise is absolutely fine.

Guitarguitar had set the guitar up pretty well on the whole, no properly noticeable problems, although I messed around with the floyd rose and created plenty of problems which I then fixed. There were no factoy flaws noticeable on the guitar.

This guitar was crafted, not made, but crafted in Indonesia, I don't know what year though. It has 24 nice jumbo frets, on a nice rosewood fretboard. The neck is very thin, similar to an Ibanez Wizard neck. The body is a Randy Rhoads V shape, and this, while very striking, has its disadvantages, poor access beyond the 17th fret, irritating to sit down and play and it is eventually something that you grow tired of. The guitar has a licensed floyd rose bridge, which, when it works, works quite well, but isn't that great in the grand scheme of things, compared to Ibanez trems. The tuners are some nice enough closed Jackson units, although once you've locked the trem it really doesn't matter too greatly.

cincit2
    good review, but i don't believe the shapes the most irritating thing on the guitar. i have a JS30 (the string through body bridge guitar) which is exactly the same as the js35, but i don't think it's too hard to sit with or get too the high frets. i play death metal and it's real easy to play beyond 17 (though i have large hands...)
    FallenFlame332
    This thing is not uncomfortable to hold at all. I tried out my cousins, I actually really like the guitar. It's very easy to hit the high notes.
    DCarney9116
    Its pretty nice, I never sit while playing, so I have no prob with standing, The nech is great, but I might drop an Invader or JB in the bridge
    Kear Bear
    I've gotten more used to standing with the guitar now and even when i sit i use a strap, so it prolly won't be an issue with this body shape. I absolutly love V shapes, they're just so empowering to hold and plat! the frett access is amazing to on the higher ones
    evilbeast3
    I bought this guitar recently and its an amazing guitar. Worth the price. And You will get used to this guitar in about 2-3 days max. So no problem at all and once you are used to it, its too comfortable.