KE2 Kelly review by Jackson

Jackson: KE2 Kelly

Purchased from: eBay

I play mostly metal, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer etc. and this guitar is excellent for it. I use a Vox pathfinder amp with a Boss metalzone pedal and the sound I get out of it is great. It could use new pickups. The Jackson ones aren't that great, but if you throw a pair of Seymour Duncans on this badboy it sounds incredible. This guitar can get you a huge variety of sounds from Def Leppard to In Flames. Depending on what settings you put your amp too, you could get a brilliant clean sound to a low heavy sound like Slipknot. Stock it comes with Jackson Pickups so I'm only going to give it an 8 because it still sounds good but the Seymour Duncans would give it a 10.

For the style of music I play (metal), this guitar is perfect. I've been playing it for about 9 months now and it kills every other guitar I've played (except for a few $5000 guitars I've played in the music shop). I love the fast neck and low action this guitar has and especially the look. I only wish it had new humbuckers and a better tremelo system on it. Those are the only things that need to be changed over time. If I lost this guitar, I probably would buy it again but after I bought a different guitar, because I love trying out new brands and styles.

This guitar is excellent for live playing. It won't go out of tune and if you want, you can swing it around your back since the buttons are solid on it. The only thing I don't like about it is the licensed floyd rose, if you use it enough your guitar comes horribly out of tune so I'm looking into getting an original floyd rose or a kahler. I'd use this guitar at a gig without a backup, it's a solid axe and unless your a ferocious player, your not going to hurt it at all.

Since I didn't buy the guitar new, I can't say how well it was built, but since I bought it, it has been in excellent condition. The action is about a 1 mm from the fretboard so you can shred lightning fast solos with ease. Everything on the guitar was set up perfectly, no loose hardware or anything. The fretboard had some wear from playing but thats about it.

Similar to the Marty Friedman Signature Model, this US-made Kelly has the same radical Kelly styling, the same maple neck-thru design, bound ebony fingerboard with sharkfin inlay, and a poplar body for lighter weight. One difference is that the Jackson KE2 guitar has a Seymour Duncan SH-2 humbucker, in addition to the TB-4, and it has an Original Floyd Rose tremolo. Includes hardshell case ($169 value).

[I Buy Peace]
    $500 dollars for a USA Kelly!? nice find. I'm guessing that it's a pre fender buyout if it had jckson pickups.
    stonyman65
    Yeah, If it had Jackson pickups it is either a pre-fender era jackson or its not an american one and the guy has a japaneese one or a JS model. and if it is american, it would have an original floyd. It probobly isn't set up well or worn out if it is going out of tune but $500 is a good steal!
    |\puto_rodas/|
    the right question! x'D
    DenHond
    |\puto_rodas/| wrote: heminder wrote: dudes... are you people even talking about the right guitar... ? the right question! x'D
    $340 will probably be a JS-series kelly and the $500 will be an X-series Kelly
    kingsneverdie
    I fecking love this guitar!! The one in the picture is the same finish as mine. Was well worth the money. It is both an eye-gasm and an ear-gasm! Just the absolute shizzle!
    kingsneverdie
    raulbitran wrote: I GOT THE GUITAR NEW IN 170 MIL PESOS ( ABUOT 340 DOLLARS
    ...since the retail on a USA Select Series KE2 Kelly starts at $2799, I doubt yours is a proper KE2. The one in the pic is the top range finish retailing at nearly 10 times what you paid - $3299!!
    trashbeast
    yeah , a KE2 also wouldn't come with a licensed floyd. this guy has a KE3 or something.
    Banana Wedgie
    Its a badly modified Ke3 so the seller could save his Duncans by replacing them with his friends Jackson pups to make it seem authentic! I reckon its Ke3 vs JSKE.
    siverstorm
    and it has an Original Floyd Rose tremolo.
    THEN
    The only thing I don't like about it is the licensed floyd rose
    This is a huge fail. If i get the KE2 I'll do a proper review....after the 'honeymoon' period of course XD