KE2 Kelly review by Jackson

Jackson: KE2 Kelly

Price paid: $ 2000

Purchased from: Ebay

I play mostly metal/rock. Altough I also enjoy playing jazz and fusion, there is no question what this guitar is made for. It's a Killer for metal. But it's quite versatile with other generes too if you toggle enough with the tone control and use the neck pickup for lighter stuff. I'm currently using a Randall V2 head, but this guitar.. It fits any f--king amp I plug in too. This never happened to me with another guitar. It has a rich, full sound, not too dark nor too bright, perfect.

I play guitar for 8 years now. I've played on A LOT of guitars, including a Fender Strat and a Gibson SG USA. This, by far, is the best and most fitting guitar I Have ever had. It also has a Killer look, which is great on stage. If it was stolen, I would definitley buy the same one. If you are a metalhead, do not hesitate. This is a great guitar. The only thing I wish is that it wouldn't cost me THAT much. But thats just bitchin'

Actually I don't have the guitar enough time to know if it's gonna survive live, but I don't see why it won't. The finish seems strong, so does the strap buttons and the rest of the hardware. I guess I would bring my SG for backup, since I don't trust this YET, but that's just me being extra cautios..

The guitar came in great shape, a cool finish (Black with gold pinestripes), no flaws that I have seen.. It also has that great Jackson feature of the keys on the back of the neck.. It's kind of cool that you can pull em out whenever you want. I had to sit down on this action thing a bit, adjust it since it was quite low, changed a bit the height of the pickups, but nothing too serious. Everything else was ok. I guess the one annoying thing is when you toggle the pickup selector it does that little "TAK" noise. But that ain't too serious.

This is a 2009 Jackson Kelly KE2 USA model, neck thru, 24 frets. It has all the desired rock/metal features, such as a Floyd Rose ORIGINAL (this one is great for dime squeles and shit :), alder body, Quartersawn Maple (fast yet not so thin) neck, and some high output seymor duncan pickups. One control for volume, one for tone. 3 way selector. All in all, great features for a rocker.