KE3 Kelly review by Jackson

Jackson: KE3 Kelly

Purchased from: www.speedmusic.co.uk

I love the guitar, I like playing (or at least attempting to play) metal, it gets a lot of use but seems to cope really well, and stays in tune for ages. I personally use a Line 6 Spider II 30W amp, the sound is awesome, it has quite a clean tone, I finally got rid of the buzz that constantly seemed to come from my Epiphone LP Standard, which I loved but is now only occasionally used because it's sound is nowhere near as good as the KE3's. The sustain is awesome, yet again more than can be said for the Epiphone and it's easy to play producing great sounds. The tremolo won't go out of tune, I spend half my time playing and half my time dive bombing and generally whammying about having fun on it.

As I said I like playing metal and rock on it and it really is a great match. I have been playing 2 years now, I had an Epiphone and played a couple of times a week, I got this and now play a couple of times a day because it is so nice to use. I love the way it looks, I love the way it plays and I love it in general. If it were stolen I would have to buy another one, probably steal the money for it and spend my time playing it while trying to think of 100 suitable ways to cause pain to the person Who stole my Jackson "Nick". I was slightly worried that it may have chrome hardware as opposed to black hardware but it does in-fact have black hardware which I prefer but I suppose if you were considering buying one it would be best to check. Before buying mine I had tried the basic Kelly, not sure what it's called but it didn't have a tremolo and I tried a Jackson RR3, this guitar is a compromise between the two, it has the nice shape of the Kelly but the Floyd Rose and performance of the RR3.

I love playing this guitar, it is pretty tough and would be difficult to break, unless you out it on the floor and jumped on the neck, but that would just ruin a perfectly good neck. I was slightly worried that the spine coming out the top of the body would be fragile and maybe get in my way but it's fine and makes a great carry handle. The strap buttons are great, they're too big for my pathetic strap locks but I can always get new one, I haven't used any strap locks in 4 months and don't need to to be honest because the buttons are so large but I am cautious. I haven't played it Live but it seems like it could cope and would be dependable. The finish is a really high quality in my opinion and it looks great from any angle.

Almost perfect, I haven't found a real fault with it yet, the guitar arrived out of tune as expected and took about 20 minutes to tune, then 20 minutes to retune when I finally worked out my tuner wasn't working. Everything was fine, for me the action was just about the right height, it could have been a tad lower but I; m not too bothered because it is so easy to use and the action is nice enough as it is. It is rather difficult to use sitting down but not to a really annoying extent, I prefer using my friend's RR3 when sitting which he'll be pleased about but I stand a lot and it's really nice to use.

Well this guitar was made in Japan, because Japan rocks and it's called "Nick" because Nick rocks! My color is "eerie dess swirl" on the alder body which I just love, but it looks sweet in black too. It has 24 Jumbo Frets on a maple bolt on neck and rosewood fingerboard, which is awesome and the shape is just crazy too, although it limits what cases can be used to carry it but that's not too important. It has two duncan design hum-buckers which I believe are HB102N and HB103B, and a JT580 LP double locking tremolo, shame it isn't an original Floyd Rose but it works and keeps it in tune really well. It also looks great. On the down side there is only one control fro the volume but I tend to use my amp (Line 6 spider II 30W) to get the right tone. It can take a while to change tunings but when you've done it it stays in for ages.

norths01
    Im thinking about this getting this or a Dk2m dinky pro can sum1 tell me which is the better guitar?????