KE3 Kelly review by Jackson

Jackson: KE3 Kelly

Purchased from: MB Music

The Sound is amazing, nice rugged sound from the bridge and the jazz pick ups give it a nice warm peppy tone great for solo's, I play through a Marshall MG15DFX and the tone is amazing.

I play metal, rock, hard rock, to thrash metal, and it's great the pick ups give me loads of mids and I can get some great mellow sounds through the jazz pick ups, I've been playing about 3-4 years and for my other guitar check my profile, if I lost it or it got robbed I would save and get a custom made on e because it's my dream guitar, if not I would try a different make like a Dean because there really good, this guitar is perfect just neck heavy that's the only thing I don't like about it, I tried a few other makes they were a Dean, Hamer, Godin, ESP LTD, and a few different Ibanez models, but this is top in my eyes.

this guitar would be able to play several gigs Live no problem I would use it without a back up No Doubt, the only thing with these guitars are they're top heavy and for this I bought a strap lock it made me feel abit uneasy stood up. the hardware is great, the finish looks like it will last and even if it didn't it's a killer shape Who cares!

Set up perfectly, the pickups were adjusted to what I was going to adjust them to anyway, the bridge came set up properly not like the one on my Ibanez I had to do that myself, all the hardware seems perfect no problems there.

By far the best guitar I've had so far and to top it all off it looks amazing, he body is made from alder wood, the neck is made from maple and the fret board is rosewood. it has 24 jumbo frests with MOTO shark fin inlays, and the neck is real thin. It has two Seymour Duncan humbucking pick-ups, I believe they are a Seymour Duncan JB TB4 at the bridge and a Seymour Duncan Jazz SH2N at the neck, Which is really good considering all the other reviews come with duncan designed pick ups, it has 1 volume knob, no tone knob and a 3 way Switch, it has a Floyd Rose licensed Jackson double locking trem system and it hasn't gone out of tune yet not so much were I've had to sit there and re-tune all the strings.

metulman
    Megallica Dude wrote: Is this guitar shape more comfortable to play sitting down then KV/RR shape?
    Yes they are extremely comfortable to play, even more than my prs se.
    Guitarandbass
    where im gettin mine it is $600 minus 100 for my crappy squire (500) then one of my two basses thats also crappy for $50 (450) so then im gettin this guitar for a nice 450. Ive tried it and it is amazing and ill write a review. Destroys every other guitar (was looking at a dan jacobs 1000 something dollar guitar same shape but LTD and it only costs more because of the "signature" part.
    cukd7x-a2-
    victorkang wrote: Hi there. I am considering the KE3 Kelly for my first electric guitar (although I play some acoustic and classical). It is made in Korea, and it is about $400US, so is it worth the price?
    get the string thru version for a beginner guitar, then step up to the ke3's and ke2's and the guitar is 700-1000 for a ke3 and 2000 for the ke2, wherever you got the 4000 from is a rip off
    fireball85
    Much more comfortable. Infact i often find this shape more comfortable than the conventional 'superstrat' shape guitars, as it allows for arm support.