KV3 review by Jackson

Jackson: KV3

Purchased from: eBay

I mainly play Metal from Thrash through progressive to Heavy. I'm a huge fan of Megadeth and Metallica. I play all my guitars through a Line 6 Spider III 75w using the insane setting for distortion or on the clean setting this guitar works extremely well with my style of music and even holds a candle to my Dean Mustaine VMNT1. It punches through with screaming distortion, whilst producing warm cleans.

Overall this is one perfect metal axe. I have only been playing 8 months but in this time I feel I've progressed well in style and knowledge. It's extremely comfortable for a V to sit and play. If anything happend to it I would definatly buy it again, that being I could actually get my hands on another. If this guitar had another two frets and an extra volume knob it would be perfect. I also own a Dean Mustaine VMNT1 and an Epiphone Futura FX, this guitar can sit proudly next to my other two.

The finish on this guitar is amazing, it's just beautiful. The strap buttons could be better but I would definatly gig with this guitar minus the crazy stage moves. I cannot see any reason to have a backup guitar when this baby is in your hands, it's a solid well rounded guitar.

The tremolo and pickups were perfectly set-up and adjusted when I recieved this guitar. The chrome hardware on the volume/tone knobs was a bit discolored but that's to be expected with a guitar as old as this one. The action on this guitar is perfect, I could pick it up, tune it and play it straight out of the case.

Most likely a 1998/1999 Japanese Model this guitar is an outstanding axe. It has 22 frets with sharktooth inlays, locking nut and licenced Floyd Rose bridge. It has a Seymour Duncan pickups with a 3-way selector, Jazz Model SH-2 in the neck. Sadly I'm not quite sure about the bridge pickup. This V has a solid black finish with satin chrome hardware, 1 Tone and 1 Volume knob.

Bob_Sagget
    wait u been playing 4 eight months and u hav 3 pricy guitars? Was the Mustaine Model the $1,450 or the $450 one b/c there is 2 models but still u need to hold off on buying so much crap really early b/c what may sound good today may sound like shit to you in a few years. I've been playing for three years and have 3 guitars, Jackson Dinky DK2M, Floyd Rose Discovery, and a Washburn Maverick. And to b honest I bought the washburn thinking that I would use it just as a mod platform, but after about 6 months I didn't even use it for a backup. Your Jackson was a decent decision and i'm not teling you u should have never looked at it or considered it, but your epiphone should last u forever and I dont see any reason why you bought the Mustaine UNLESS it was the $1,000 one. The cheaper deans usually are exactly what u pay for. Get your self a tube amp or some nice cables and I know that sounds kinda dumb but there are 4 elements when playing the electric guitar: guitar, player, amp, and cable. without any one of those you aren't going to be playing to your full potential. i can't stress it enough that your only as good as the player and your only as clear as you cables.
    MelodicDeath JC
    Well sense you said you think it would be perfect if it had 24 frets. I would recommend trying the Jackson KVX10 King V. I can see that's its pretty much similar to the KV3. The newer model of KVX10 comes with a FR tremolo bar. But in my opinion I like it without it. Its up to you really. But it wouldn't hurt to try one out. I got mine for 150 bucks at guitar center. Because it was used and is without the tremolo bar. Look at my profile if you wanna see it.Its my favorite out of my 3 guitars. And plays the best. And feels like it has an Ibanez like neck.
    Spitty33
    Ofc it would help if the picture links acctualy worked, sorry D: just check my profile.
    BurningTheLives
    saint_berzerker wrote: Are there any reviews, ANYWHERE, where people that own a guitar don't give it a 9 or 10? FYI, no way this is a Japanese model. It's Korean. Only the higher end MG models were made in Japan. Japan > anything else
    I'm pretty sure most people buy guitars that they think are really comfortable and sound nice, so I think thats why you aren't going to find many bad reviews. And also, why do people care where a guitar is made? Like some people are like, "yeah American made guitars yeah", yet American made cars are considered shit. I mean seriously, I have 2 Ibanezs made in Indonesia, and I could honestly care less, they play well so really thats all that matters
    Nightmare4560
    just to correct a guy on here , he gave it an 8.8 lol not a 9 or 10. looks like a cool guitar ive been playing for a year and a half and i have 4 guitars .. Dean Flying V , Encore E1B , G4M Flying V and some crap copy stratocaster.
    saint_berzerker
    trashbeast
    Bob_Sagget
    I think the bridge is a SH-4. Again I Think it is but its the same as the DK2M and the bridge was supposed to be a SH-4
    007nathan
    i don't believe off the shelf guitars are the way to go. they're crap and you spend way to much for sumthing thats gonna give u problems down the road. and theses places like japan, mexico, korea, etc, are ify, sometimes you get good quality, sometimes you don't. if you possibly can, get an american guitar, handcrafted. or make your own, or order your own to your specs. warmoth.com is the place to do that too. ive been playin for 7 years and ive played alot of good guitars and crap, and ive played a warmoth, and its amazing. unfortunatly i dont have one, only a jackson kelly performer, which is nice, customized to my specs, american made, awesome shit, but believe me, get quality, and get your guitar set up, shelf guitars are NOT set up. for a hundred bucks you can transform your 500 dollar guitar into a 800 just by getting better wiring and pots and a good fret job, now THAT is somthing to brag about.
    munkyRobb
    yer same ive been playing for 6 years and ive only got 3 guitars! where do people get the cash for their gear?! lol
    S.Y.N.
    Dude... I've been playing 5 years and I have 3 guitars!... Mind you, mine are way better! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Lol =P
    Shabalaba
    End the 8 months & 3 good guitars bandwagon, his money, he can spend how he pleases.
    Agreed with the part about 9/10, i think i may have done something similar in the past but now i realize more faults with it, i think people should own the guitars for a while before reviewing as time can only be the judge of how solid your guitar is.
    Amuro Jay
    Actually, the X series are also made in Japan. Pretty sure. Don't quote me on that, though.
    saint_berzerker
    trashbeast
    saint_berzerker wrote: trashbeast wrote: Actually these are made in japan. they don't even make korean jacksons.. there's USA, Japan, and Indian.. know your facts before throwing them around I am wrong about the the KV3 not being made in Japan...but Jackson did make Korean guitars in the 90's.
    They really didn't though, unless the JS series used to be made in Korea rather then indonesia. Either case, this is far from a JS series, and THIS one is made in japan, so you're still a douche.