KV3 Review

manufacturer: Jackson date: 03/25/2009 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Jackson: KV3
 8.8
 7.1
 1,456
review (1) 22 comments vote for this gear:
KV3 Reviewed by: Spitty33, on march 25, 2009

Purchased from: eBay

Features: Most likely a 1998/1999 Japanese Model this guitar is an outstanding axe. It has 22 frets with sharktooth inlays, locking nut and licenced Floyd Rose bridge. It has a Seymour Duncan pickups with a 3-way selector, Jazz Model SH-2 in the neck. Sadly I'm not quite sure about the bridge pickup. This V has a solid black finish with satin chrome hardware, 1 Tone and 1 Volume knob. // 9

Sound: I mainly play Metal from Thrash through progressive to Heavy. I'm a huge fan of Megadeth and Metallica. I play all my guitars through a Line 6 Spider III 75w using the insane setting for distortion or on the clean setting this guitar works extremely well with my style of music and even holds a candle to my Dean Mustaine VMNT1. It punches through with screaming distortion, whilst producing warm cleans. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The tremolo and pickups were perfectly set-up and adjusted when I recieved this guitar. The chrome hardware on the volume/tone knobs was a bit discolored but that's to be expected with a guitar as old as this one. The action on this guitar is perfect, I could pick it up, tune it and play it straight out of the case. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The finish on this guitar is amazing, it's just beautiful. The strap buttons could be better but I would definatly gig with this guitar minus the crazy stage moves. I cannot see any reason to have a backup guitar when this baby is in your hands, it's a solid well rounded guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall this is one perfect metal axe. I have only been playing 8 months but in this time I feel I've progressed well in style and knowledge. It's extremely comfortable for a V to sit and play. If anything happend to it I would definatly buy it again, that being I could actually get my hands on another. If this guitar had another two frets and an extra volume knob it would be perfect. I also own a Dean Mustaine VMNT1 and an Epiphone Futura FX, this guitar can sit proudly next to my other two. // 9

More Jackson reviews rating category latest review
+ PS-7 7.3 Electric Guitars 10/23/2015