KVX10 King V review by Jackson

Jackson: KVX10 King V

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

This guitar fits my music style perfectly! Since I mainly play Heavy metal/thrash metal/speed metal, it works perfectly and looks good doing it. Since i enjoy playing alot of Megadeth songs, its does a beautiful job of recreating Dave Mustaines tones and sounds. The amp affects i use are just normal, because i own a "BOSS metal zone pedal" it sounds even better. This guitar was made to give you all sorts of sounds, of course the main focus is clearly soloing, evident by the 24 frets and sleek sharp look. It gives me bright sounds due to the small gauge strings (.09s), and when palm muting i get the most lovely beefy sound i could hope for. I love every little detail of this guitar.

I play mainly Heavy/Thrash/Speed metal and it suits those styles perfectly!. i've been playing for about 2 years now and i own an Ibanez bass and a Marshall 100watt amp. If this guitar was lost of stolen I would most definetly without a doubt buy another one, but not before i tracked down the person or persons who stole it and beat them quite violently..heheh. I love everything about this guitar and hate nothing... well cept the jack in location, makes sitting awkward but you get used to it and it becomes un noticible.I chose this guitar cause i had seen megadeth using them so i knew they were quality gutiars, and i jsut loved the look. I would highly recomed this guitar to both veteran players and new comers alike because of the size of the neck, it makes navigating the fretboard much easier.

Everything on this guitar was built to last, it would most definetly withstand live play. Would Megadeth have used them if they didn't? The finish is stayin where it is and isnt going anywhere anytime soon. the strap buttons are most likely never gonna fall of by themselves i'd have to rip them off. I beleive that this guitar couldnt possibly let me down and therefore i would need no backup, but just for variety i'd have a few more backstage.

The guitar was set up perfectly in the factory and was ready for action the moment i bought it. the pickups we're set pretty well, I raised the bridge pickup because of personal preference. The guitar contained only 1 flaw, the volume knob is a bit wobbly, but thats nothing serious, it stays on tight and does its job perfectly none the less.

I have no clue when this amazing guitar was made, but whenever it was made, it looked brand spankin' new when I picked it up. It was made in japan. It has 24 jumbo frets, which all of those who love soloing will use to bits! It has a only 2 knobs, a volume and tone adjustment knob. The bridge pickup is a "Duncan Designed HB-103B Humbucker" and the neck pickup is a "Duncan Designed HB-102N Humbucker". The fingerboard is made of rosewood, the neck is bolt on rock maple and the body is alder with flame maple veneer on transparent colors. The Body stle is that of a pointy Flying V, which i personally love. The bridge style is tune-o-matic.