KVX10 King V review by Jackson

Jackson: KVX10 King V

This guitar is just amazing. I play metal for the most part and it's perfect for it. I play through a Line 6 Spider II and I get the exact tone I want. The bridge pickup has a great chunky sound and is perfect for old school thrash to newer types of metal, also great for rock playing. The neck sounds terrible when distorted (but I never use it anyways except for clean) but it has a great tone when playing clean/acoustic stuff. I also like to play blues from time to time and this guitar gets it done. It's a very versitile guitar. And if you play lead, you'll get a great lead tone with this guitar, but be warned, its hard to reach beyond the high E and B strings past the 18th fet due to the V style body.

Like I said I play metal for the most part, and this guitar is a match made in heaven, or hell perhaps. I've been playing for about 2 years now, and this is my first and only electric guitar. But many of my freinds are guitarist and I've played tons of their guitars, and this one has always been my favorite. I really don't hate anything. At first I thought it was neck heavy, but now I'm very comfortable with it. If it were lost or stolen I would prbably buy another.

I've accidently hit this guitar on things many time, especially the headstock, and that finish is staying. Not even the slightest dent or scratch has been made yet. The strap buttons are perfectly on it. I could definently go onsatge w/o a backup, this guitar would easily withsatnd live play.

Everything about this guitar was set up right for the most part. But the volume know is very lose, as mentioned in the reveiw above, it wont move while you play, but if you pull up at it, it nearly comes all the way off. Also I don't like the jack position, makes sitting and playing akward, but I prefer standing. The pickups are niceley set, and dont really move. Overall, the positives greatly overweigh the negatives.

This guitar has an alder body, 2 Duncan desighned humbucker, a rock maple neck with rose wood fret board and shark fin inlays on the fingerboard, 24 jumbo frets, string thru body, and chrome hardware. This excellent guitar was made in Japan. I love the V style body, I just always loved how they looked.